O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

What's the use case for two bridges; one setup with a more vertical climbline, and the other with a more horizontal line for positioning?

You definitely won’t regret a floating D bridge or a rope bridge. Rope bridges open up a bunch of options for rings, swivels, pulleys, or small rigging plates.

One bridge is my SRT main, the other is my very long lanyard that I run MRS. Having both in front on a bridge I am always supported whichever is in primary use at the moment
D's will get used today I'll be on spikes to remove a dead tree and will have my steelcore on the sides

Any Canucks familiar with ElevationCanada out of Montreal? Nice price and free shipping but I'm leery about not buying a famous name brand.

You can get a 600’ spool of Blaze for under 342$?
It might be significantly less too, trying to find out if this price is Canadian dollars or US. CA bucks would be stupid cheap.

So far they are very stiff. I’m almost certain they’re amazing on spurs as many have said before. I want to give them more time to break in, but a tentative yes, most people would probably not be happy walking around in them at least when they’re new. The soles have the least amount of flex I’ve ever felt in a pair of shoes or boots.
So many positive reviews are from linemen and arborists, maybe more reviews than from mountain climbers.

Stumbled around like a newborn deer at first, but I’m getting used to them. They’re quite comfortable but take a bit of getting used to

Wasn't sure if I had posted pics of my International bucket truck here in the past. Did a search and I supposedly posted 318 times in this thread but only 1 post can be found. Seems almost all of my posting history is gone.

Anyway, I dug these up for another forum today. My two current bucket trucks and the carport I had just built to cover them. The big one is a 2006 International 7300 4x4 with an Altec AM55E. 61' working height, 49' side reach. Small truck is a 2008 Chevy 5500 with an Altec TA37M. 42' working height and 27' side reach. I've since added a back to the carport, hanging down 8' from the top. Side skirts are still in the 'gonna get to it' stage.

IMG_0203.JPG IMG_0204.JPG

I asked about how your carport came out a week or two ago. It look real nice.

Thanks, Cory. It was one of those things I thought about for months and one day I just went for it. No real big snags building it even though I have never built one before. The small bucket truck with material handler was super handy putting it together, setting posts and lifting material into place.

Early birthday present :)
400mm straight Tsurugi. If any of y’all own this 400 or the 200mm straight blade, there’s replacement blades at Gempler’s for 10$, they’re legit.
Or craft a handle out of garden hose and tape or shrink tubing. I bought 2 medium teeth and 2 large teeth. Should be good on handsaw blades for the rest of my tree days.
Replacement Blade for Silky Tsurugi 400 Tree Saw with Medium Teeth - https://gemplers.com/collections/all/products/replacement-blade-for-silky-tsurugi-400-tree-saw-with-medium-teeth
BEA01EF3-6D22-47E0-B2C4-2B880F552912.jpeg

I might have to get a couple of those Jonny. Those are cheap as dirt. How does the blade perform, thinking in terms of flex? I could use a couple good saws for work. I use my zubat sometimes, but I'm always a little reluctant due to the cost. Every cut I make on the ground is one less cut I can make in the tree, so I tend to opt for the machete, even though it takes longer and is more work.

edit:
just ordered two Tsurugi 200lg and two Tsurugi 400med. They were sold out of the others. The 200s are a little short, but that might work out pretty well for ground use. I'll consider rigging handles for them, but I may buy a whole saw for the handle. I'll see when I get them.

Last edited:
I actually haven’t used it yet, so not sure how it cuts but it’s been recommended to me. My latest Gomtaro blade is junk. Cuts really well but flexes and bends on the push stroke if you’re not careful. I wish I kept the old blade, it was much more solid and I’d like measure the blade thickness compared to this one.
I got an old Samurai Ichiban too that is a great low cost saw with impulse hardened teeth.

Back