O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

All I own is Pirate... Dunno what you call the shape. The ones that are sort of a soft triangle. I was happy with my first two, so just kept going with it. From my whitewater paddling days, I have a bunch of rated non locking biners, and a single screwgate I got in case I needed to use my rescue pfd(never did). I use those to clip stuff to my saddle.

I'm personally needing a bunch of fencing for privacy, outside my privacy trees, that is already hardened. 300' almost. $3.27 with tax per 6" board, probably 5/8 or 3/4" thick, or should I say thin.

I have Lots of nice Western redcedar logs for fencing, decking, siding.
That's something to market as a minimum order, IMO.
40' worth of thick fence boards would be a minimum of about $250, and people know what they want in fencing, unlike a project slab where they want one piece.

Cedars are dying frequently, from drought.
My friend has had good success with selling fence boards in bulk on Craigslist.

My pole barn was built wrong, long ago, and needs posts and beams replaced/ "sistered".

I owe a little girl a big wooden clubhouse.

Wider stuff can be done with an Alaskan.

For now,I got some upgrades for my alaskan mill, since I have oversized logs and my mill is beyond my bar and saw capacity. The winch and longer rails/ handle bar (round bar).
Just remembered last night that I have some big, figured maple logs over at my millers house, too big for any local bandsaw that I know of. I need to look into them. Will try to do some milling over the next month or so, barring storms, or otherwise being overloaded with tree work.

My loader should be fixed very soon, so I'll have a grapple and a bucket. I can move a trailer to my wood storage area (kinda soft this time of year for a truck), and spread some level gravel for drying under the hoop house. Looking forward to moving some logs around that are in the way in the work yard, and making it more accessible.

Halbmastwurfsicherung, aka munter. The crabs have a nice long sweeping radius for the top, which feeds a munter better than an oval or square d, that's why they are called that i guess.

We don't do much stumpgrinding any more, but we really needed a second ATV to bring crew and tools out.
The Feller buncher most often works well away from where one can take a pickup truck, so it pretty much binds up an ATV to keep the driver from having to hike miles every day.
The other one will dump people and tools off at their respective logging sites and collect them for lunch in the lunch wagon and at days end.

So the logical thing to do was to trade the Bandit grinder for a brand new Honda ATV.

I just gave it a test run in the field behind my house.
Thais loves racing the ATV, so we did 15 minutes of : let's see who is fastest, which is why he looks a bit busted in the picture.

P1070288.JPG

Just be careful, I have compressed vertebrae in my neck after a quad bike accident, when you crash, unlike a motorbike, they like to follow and crush you.

I'm a veteran quad driver and pretty careful, Mick.
Haven't turned one over yet.

The reason Thais can keep up with me in the grass pasture is that I slow down in the corners, which he doesn't.

All I own is Pirate... Dunno what you call the shape. The ones that are sort of a soft triangle. I was happy with my first two, so just kept going with it. From my whitewater paddling days, I have a bunch of rated non locking biners, and a single screwgate I got in case I needed to use my rescue pfd(never did). I use those to clip stuff to my saddle.
I love the Pirate biner, too. Double action auto-lock. My favorite.

I'm confused about the ATV ferrying people and gear... where do you put them?
The saws and stuff up front, the folks sit on the back luggage carrier, which we've padded.
You have to drive very carefully when doing this.

Burnham, what freaked me out about the Pirate was: All my biners work the same way, then all of a sudden I have some that work the complete opposite.

If all my biners had been Pirates, no problem.

Last edited:
Sure, I get that...sorta :). For me, it never was much trouble telling the different biners apart, or remembering which worked what way :D.

I have one of those chainsaw hangers on my MCRS...I have not used it yet but I did attach it. I'll get a picture and post soon...good excuse to go outside for a few minutes.

Nice spurs, Sean! You might want to consider getting the Velcro lower straps, they are super comfortable.

I punched holes through the back pad and used heavy duty cable ties to attach tool carriers. The rope goes over that but doesn't carry the load. But the Shembiner has some pretty sharp edges you will want to keep an eye on.

Back