O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

My Stihl dealer seems great. Haven't dealt with him for repairs or anything, but he has a good collection of pro saws all the way up to the 880, and he seems like cares about the gear, and knows what he's doing. Great prices too. It's an Amish shop. Jacks Small Engine is at the other end of the common drive at work. Good for parts, but not exactly a saw shop. Every other place I've been sells gear. That's it. They just sell it, but don't know a whole lot. Not real saw shops or anything.

Ha! We have a Jack’s small engines shop that’s a Stihl dealer too. I’d describe them exactly like that too. Might buy parts, mix, and files because they’re closest to me but otherwise I’ll take my business elsewhere.

Sweet!
Did you open them yet?
Mine was kinda screwy and almost impossible to open the device at first, took a little break in to get it opening up easy. Little break in running it too. Also it was messed up and jerky on brand new Xstatic. I washed the new rope and used the rope with a hitch and natural crotch DdRT a little and it got much better. It was nice in my older Fly from day one or two.

If you’re using a new rope with it, and you don’t like it, it may get better with a not-so-new rope.

I opened them and made sure they were in there...
You know...fake news and liar motherfunkers these days. I got a great deal on both of them... so I bought two for Mike and I.

It's like half the size of the prototype.
They are so cute... like little puppies or kittens.

I plan on putting it on KM3... works for the other one.

I put it on a swivel... I like it a lot.

The trolley though seriously.... for what we do... I should have had one much earlier...

I put a Petzl micro swivel on mine too. Wish there were other swivels that opened so they can be put on a closed eye or captive eye.
Now I have a swivel on my bridge, a Rook pulley, so I’ll probably take the Petzl one off. It might still come in handy if running 2 systems of the bridge.

@Jonny DMM made micro swivels that open so you can attach them to rings and such. Nano is the name they have different sized shackles so you can custom them to your setup

Deva the prototype I tried ran good on blue moon. I only really got to use it for a day in the couple weeks I had it though.
I keep putting off buying one for some reason. Maybe Santa will put one in my stocking. I keep leaving pictures laying around and mention “I was talking to so and so today and they really love their akimbo”.

Thanks Deva and Fiona!
Yes I think I know what you’re talking about, there’s D shackles and bow shackles and combinations on each end. They look very nice. Everything DMM makes is like a work of art.
The Xstatic is 11.7. I hear Drenaline is excellent on it as well as the Yale 11.7.

Say... while we’re on the subject of Blue Moon and the like. Let’s make shit confusing!

The new 11.7mm Ivy ropes for Sherrill will now be made by Samson and not Yale.

That's it Jonny, I've got two bridges, and use the 'flexible' DMM swivels on both.
I switched to DMM as soon as I saw the 'do not side load' pictogram on the petzl swivel I had just purchased

Forget Petzl...

I have a new tribe tengu... So my swivel goes on a fat triangle quick Link... it's Das Bomb!

Jaimie says he like XStatic and Fly for Akimbo... I just saw a break test of Fly at 6k lbs...

Anywho.... It's all good... Til it's bad then make it good again.

Yeah Sherrill has switched the poison ivy name to Sampson ropes now. It’s supposed to have the same awesomeness with a bit less stretch. I’ll give it a try when I order a new rope but I’m quite happy with trusting Yale for my life support. What I find funny is Sherrill now owns sterling rope. Why wouldn’t they have them make it?

Anyway, have paid off a couple of loans, the bigger chipper and the truck, so it’s time for more debt!

Going to upgrade my articulated loader from a 8.4 to a 9.5, 40 to 50hp an extra 800kg or so of lift, 25mph top speed.

Theyre going to give me 26k for my three year old one (34k purchase) which Is a brilliant deal. 50k for new one

I am buzzing! (Assuming The bank is on board)

It is a tricky one Sean, my old man hated debt, made a big deal about how he owed nobody anything.

Trouble is he had little of any worth (materially speaking)

Back