O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Yes I do need help, serious help :D. This should get the mini around in style though! 14,000lb 7x12.

Ahem notice the okanagan's own refreshments and in the background of the one pic, yes that's snow.

Attachments

• IMG_6717.JPG
    IMG_6717.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6718.JPG
    IMG_6718.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 68
Bah, some sides on her it'll be good. 12' was all I wanted, coulda got 14' time will tell I suppose. My 1 ton dump will haul that so between the two I'll have plenty of capacity for wood I think and a easy way to load/unload the mini, plus the mini will load that trailer easier than the 1 ton cause it's lower. This'll be the beauty truck hauling it and then the bucket for the chipper and chips. Hoping it'll work out to be a good set-up.:)

Attachments

• IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 65
That's about as big as they make that style dump trailer, especially with just a single lift piston. Stake pockets make it easy to add height to the sides, he can build it up as high as the mini can reach.

Squish, does that trailer need a commercial license? I have long lusted after exactly that trailer but don't want to get a CDL

did a trial run of 1 foot square coroplast signs of my logo and phone number, going to try sticking them in at jobs we do. :D Ordered new logos for the new truck doors.

Frans- if the trailer is rated for more than 10.000 lbs and the truck and trailer combined are rated for more than 26,000 lbs then technically you need a class A CDL.

Frans, I'm uncertain of Comifornia, but in the free portion of the US you are suppose to have a CDL for trailers over 10klbs.

I'dda got the 14', but I'd love to have a 12'. I'd make some long ramps for the mini to drive up to set the wood in the back, mine are 10' long.

I was thinking just today how snazzy a dump trailer would be.

Yah it works differently up here as far as licensing requirements. It's rated to 14,000lbs and if I were to haul it say with my bucket truck I could load it right up. In order to use it with a 1 ton truck I have to keep my total weight at 17,600lbs truck, trailer and contents. At that weight I need no inspections and no special license just my National Safety Code # which I've already got anyways.

I went 12' for a number of reasons, overall length, useable payload and dollar factor all factored in to my choice of the 12'. Yah the ramps are a little shorter than I'd like but the mini goes on and off no problem.....just. I see what you mean for longer ramps for loading but as I said before I'm hoping to be able to load what I can into the truck and then with the trailer as extra capacity be able to cut down on trips. I'm thinking I could get a pretty good jag of wood on their between the two now.

If anyone's wondering the trailer at 12' is 4400lbs empty so it gives me 9,600 of payload.

Mini is more like 2200 with the grapple but heh close enough. Seems to be fairly well built so hopefully she lasts awhile. I'll also be able to put it to work in the winter doing snow removal.

im trying to sell my trailer so i can get a dumper like that, now im double jealous, a ramrod and a dump trailer

Finally purchased the mini loader.

Went with the new boxer, a bmg and a big bucket. Dave from TNT runs a first class outfit. It was nice to talk with him about equipment and trees. A+

Attachments

• DSCN0840.JPG
    DSCN0840.JPG
    933.1 KB · Views: 10
Back