O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

The trailer wasn't an ebay deal, found it on craigslist. I used it earlier today. I was looking for a small utility trailer for tools, and then I would use the truck for tree debris, but stuff was pricey. Then I ran across this 12' tandem trailer with 4' sides, perfect for haulin 6500 lbs, so now the truck is for tools and the trailer is for debris. 400.00 cash. I'll take some pics tomorrow.
Oh Crap I need another truck :D

Congrats Jonny! Enjoy the road trip, maybe see if you can hook up with any other Treehousers along the way. Make a mini vacation out of it. :)

anything is better than x-cutting brush in the back of the truck.
Work it like a rented mule Brendonv!

Picked up the chipper yesterday, and I'm impressed. Low compression in both cylinders, so we're gonna do the rings and see how it works then. It does start, run, and chip, but it could run and chip better. It's a 23hp Kohler. Brendan, after flipping through the manual from the machine, I'm pretty sure that you're right, and this is basically a bandit 65, and in 1993 they didn't call it that, It was the Mighty, or the Mighty II.
Also here's a pic of the trailer I bought last week.
Buffalo- Niagara Tree Service is moving up! :)

Attachments

• chipper.jpg
    chipper.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 8
  • chipper2.jpg
    chipper2.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 8
  • trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 6
I like a 90 degree cutting wheel. Makes for a small chip, and doesn't have a 'dead space' after the feed wheels.

that chipper is light enough to move around by hand easily. I bet your gonna have a good time with it.
While your monkeying around with the engine, check to see if their is any sediment in the hydrolics. Clean that out. change the fluid if it is at all darker than it should be.

Dont flip it while driving around. It looks like it sets a bit high, and it is narrow.
Are the springs on the top or the bottom of the axle?

--is that a Romax house electrical wire going to the engine shut off switch at the cover to the cutter wheel? :)

Dont flip it while driving around. It looks like it sets a bit high, and it is narrow.
Are the springs on the top or the bottom of the axle?

--is that a Romax house electrical wire going to the engine shut off switch at the cover to the cutter wheel? :)

It does feel a bit top heavy, the springs are on the top.

I think the wire you're seeing is for the magnetic base emergency tow lights we brought along just in case. :)

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 11
Good luck with it Johnny!

I can't say anything bad about my old one. Set that thing up with new knives, and set the anvil and they chip some of the nicest chips I've ever seen. Packs the truck super tight.

They are top heavy, be careful...it's great to be able to move it by hand too!

Might wanna put some orange stakes coming off the side, makes it easier to back up considering its so short. A plastic container around that battery might be a good idea too.

Never had a problem with mine, one step at a time!

G-luck!

Attachments

• Brush Bandit 001.jpg
    Brush Bandit 001.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 76
You can always weld the pillows onto the bottom of the axle and mount the springs on the bottom.

Check for wheel clearance on the fenders...

Well, since my big purchases are done on the business, it's time I buy something for FUN. End of last summer I sold my 03' Honda CR250, it had seen better days. I couldn't justify buying another bike right away because I had to get everything situated bill wise.

Saturday I will be picking up this beauty...2008 Honda CRF450r. Cannot wait! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• CRF450R8_red.jpg
    CRF450R8_red.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 8
Back