O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

BT45drill.jpg

The Conehead 500 came in yesterday and was put to use today. I did not get a chance to use it, but the crew that did can't wipe the smile off their faces.

Yea, ain't nothing like chipping! :what:

:P

Especially when you haul and feed the brush with a mini and your chipper takes 15-18" material........and you go home with tired hands (vs a tired back) because you operated mini controls all day. :D

Just got some new shoes.

left the new rope in the truck so no pic .

Ive been so slack on this thread.. so many new toys..

What i am gunna post is the lights on the truck, we look great at night!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
looks good derek, a couple more and you can join the fire brigade!! :)

har. and heres a couple of my saw, I posted them in another thread but, they do belong here also. I cant wait to get it in some wood. :)

attachment.php
attachment.php

The other day I was trying to put in some trim and my nailer started acting up(trigger). I needed one quickly so I could get back to work. So I ran to Lowes and ended up with this. So far, this one is much better; smoother trigger pull, bump fires nicely, fairly lightweight.

NT50AE2_web.jpg_prod_lg.jpg

The old one, siince it is still under warrenty, I am going to try and get it serviced so I can have it for stapling.

We are LOVING it! We did a lot clearing job yesterday that should have taken 2+ days, we were finished in 7 hrs with the Ramrod and the Conehead. :D

nice one craig... looks well cool. groundsmen look chuffed aswell:)
Funny with you being a C+D diehard...

its amazing how much time a decent sized chipper will save you....

Big machines are awesome, problem is that you need a bigger truck. This thing eats everything that you throw at it, no more bucking firewood. Now I need a Conehead , Model 510............................forget C&D's!

Thanks. I wished that I would have taken pics of the whole job. We put a 45 ft dead spruce through the machine in about 1 minute. A couple 18 inch pieces went through as well, the machine never missed a beat. We were filling up the trucks in about 50 minutes.........5 loads of chips in 7 hours! 1 guy was just driving and dumping the trucks.

I can't wait to try out our new desiel Ramrod next.

Golfcartbytree.jpg

Golfcartbychippile.jpg

Bought that for Dad, lifted 2" with some knobby tires. Drove it around my lake tonight, scooted around pretty well!

Rborist you got snow already? 50 degrees here today. Is'nt it amazing how well the wheels go through snow. Will your Diesel be a wheel or Track?

Carl? :roll: What does that have to do with treework? (paid 4 with tree money) Fun Toy for Dad ... what a good son. Hey! we could mount a grapple on the back of that:P

Last edited:
Rborist you got snow already? 50 degrees here today. Is'nt it amazing how well the wheels go through snow. Will your Diesel be a wheel or Track?

We have alot more of snow since those pics and alot more on the way, cold too ( http://weather.ec.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-50_metric_e.html ). This go around I ordered a diesel wheeled version. Gonna use it mostly for the trade show thing and the odd serious demo. We need to talk...............:)

Back