O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Yee-uck, Spose we'll be getting that cold crap soon. sold 2 ramy's this month, Hey I have the bollard and dog parts in I'll get you a set

The rake works awesome for snow, no need for a plow yet. As a matter of fact, I used it today to clean out about 12cm of fresh snow from our work yard.

Carl? :roll: What does that have to do with treework? (paid 4 with tree money) Fun Toy for Dad ... what a good son. Hey! we could mount a grapple on the back of that:P

He is still in a wheelchair, the idea being he can get around our property a bit easier so he can enjoy it. He is going to try to drive it tomorrow, didn't get it till tonight, but I took if for a spin around the lake to check out some of the 3600 trees we planted. Next year he gets a 72" Exmark mower to mow between the house and the lake. :)

I have been trying to figure out how to make it help me do tree work, still drawing a blank!

Pics on the next post to keep it from stretching the text, they are from a couple years ago, pre tree planting and pre accident.

911resized.jpg

Myhouselookingtowardsthelake.jpg

House.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
got a new bar put on my 'new' saw yesterday, bought it used, nose sprocket locked up after a very short use period (like 30 seconds) so I went back to the shop and they replaced it no problem.

:)

Carl, cool lil' putter-putter...your Dad is gonna love it. The mobility to get around, especially if you have nice rolling land like that, is a great gift.

You can carry gear in it...it'll come in handy when you have a Tree Rendezvous at YOUR lake!!;)

Carl, Like MB said definately a condo job estimating craft. and a great gear carry- er. Hope you can cruz me around that beautieus property someday.

Ed you sure can, heres another one. the log is Elm 12 & 1/2' long 14" tapering to 8" and the 905 Ramrod is counterwieghted with my beautiful daughter and an extra ~200 pounds (foam filled tires)

Tntree - How much for skid like that with a grapple? I am just dreaming at this point but who knows.

Carl - Your a good son.

Well I needed a new cordless drill as my Black and Decker was fubar'd. I decided to upgrade since they were cheap today. Instead of going cheap... I paid for a nice one I had seen a few weeks back on sale today for $99 (was $194).

20021101200000_9826_72dpi_500.jpg

Yes, it was a Black Friday bargain. No I did not rush out for it this morning. I bought it after the sale was over(eneded at 11 AM) at 1:30 PM, and yes it was still on sale. :lol:

Looks good Jason, is it a rebadged DeWalt? Sure looks like it. I have a DeWalt 12v that's over 12 years old and still kickin. The 14.4's were just starting to come out when I got it and the 18's were just a fantasy.

I'm not quite sure Brian. I know that P-C and DeWalt, are owned by Black and Decker. I know my P-C plate jointer shares some features in its fence that are similar to the DeWalt. All I know is a standard Black and Decker will not survive me, and a Craftsman Cordless Drill is near about junk(1 18v with a broken chuck and declining battery performance, and 19.2v that could not survive shop work with my Uncle-another dead battery). His old 12v DeWalt is still going strong. I wanted another Bosch 12v, but none would work with the batteries with my impact driver. I figured I'd try a P-C since I am way to poor for a Milwaukee Set. I can at least by other P-C 19.2v tools one at the time and they will work off of the same battery packs.

Yes... I am a poor boy with tool snob tastes :lol:

OM, a basic tree guy package wheel 905 Ramrod and BMgrapple $15,999 would makes for less Ben Gay at night (Although sympathy rubs have always been good)
Hell they finance for approx 350 a month. cheapest groundsman you will never hear complain.
Thomas tells us they have one more New 25GT (they claim they are building no more) $13999 comes with BMG & Bckt. Like this one

cyber, I pay'd bout $179 at sams for that 1/2" PC bout a year and a half ago. I let the batteries sit out side in the way cold and now there shot. was a nice drill when it had batteries, you want the head? doesnt pay to buy replacement batteries

Wow. I've kept my old 12v DeWalt going by buying new battery packs at about $45 each. 18v can't be more than $60 or so.

Small PAW,

trying out double tie in variation for my new tribe.
How you liking your New Tribe saddle? I am loving mine. I had to use some one elses saddle {worse than wearing another mans dirty underwear} this week. I was reminded just how comfy the Ness is.

Back