O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

So you're not running the 009's any more, Brett? I can't believe what we used to use as climbing saws before we finally got on the bandwagon and started buying 200T's.
8)

Nope, I'm sold on the 200T's now. Been using them for a few years. Does anyone remember the old Homelite climbing saws, with two triggers? Those were sweet, back in the day.

ok heres the new, new one:D much better condition.
nice new stuff mr sir :thumbup:

Attachments

• new 090 001.jpg
    new 090 001.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 18
  • new 090 002.jpg
    new 090 002.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 18
  • new 090 003.jpg
    new 090 003.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 16
Picked this up yesterday for dad, a 1.5 yard pan. Dad got it for a song :)

In "diggin" mode, still held up by the uneven dirt, otherwise it would drop lower and the apron would be higher:

DSC04695.jpg

DSC04696.jpg

Raised for transport:
DSC04701.jpg

Apron (front piece of metal that touches the cutter bar) closed:
DSC04702.jpg

Dump!
DSC04703.jpg

Apron down, bucket up:
DSC04705.jpg

The rig:

DSC04700.jpg

Dirt mover, going to use it in our lake.

You lower it down, it scoops up dirt, raise the arms to carry it (closes apron, dirt stays in the pan). When you get to where you need the dirt, you dump it and go get another load.

After we unloaded it with the tractor, I pulled it with the mini (empty) so we could hook it up to the tractor.

Empty it weighs about 1500lbs, 1.5 yards of dirt will up that to 5100-6550lbs. The tractor with the loader attached weighs around 10.5klbs.

We were wanting a 2-3 yard pan, this one was suppose to be a bit bigger, but for the price I didn't think I should pass it up after I drove near 3 hours to get it :)

Theres alot of those smaller pull behind pans around here that I see sitting, could be bought cheap. Seems people buy them, use them a few times then they sit parked. I drive by 2 of them every day that havn't moved in years. I know one was used one time to cut in a drive way and thats it.

We plan on using ours in our lake and selling it. Granted if I could pull a second income with it, I'd not have a problem with that. :)

Carl, excuse my lack of knowledge's...what would be the difference between using that new attachment, lets say compared to that nice loader bucket on the front? Does it cut into the ground deeper or something.

I've just never seen one.

better job at leveling and will move more dirt, easier. that loader bucket would have trouble actually digging in the dirt.... loader is for moving loose material basically.

Yep to the above.

It'll haul twice as much and will dig much easier. The front end loader cuts less effeciently, thus more strain on the tractor, and it puts the weight over the steer axle.

This isn't mine, but I rode with my buddy today down to Boynton Beach and he ended up buying this chipper. It's a leftover 2005 Woodchuck, but Woodchuck got bought out by Altec just as this model was going to market. There were only about 12 of these made. The first owner bought it new 11 months ago at auction for $22.5K, as is with no warranty. He only put 114 hours on it and my buddy bought it for $13K. It has a 130HP Cat turbo diesel and a 16"x24" feed capacity.

I forgot to take pictures when he bought it, this is about halfway back when we stopped to eat. It was getting dark but still enough light to see it.

looks like a big ass chipper RJS, hope it all works out for the buyer! :)

Back