O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

After waitING 6 weeks I got my mb saddle. I only have experience working in a couple old school saddles weaver and this blows them away hands down. I bought the extra leg pads and cell and water holders and suspenders. Without the xtra leg pads the leg loops were by far way more comfortable than anything I had ever had tried in the past. I just tried the xtra pads yesterday for the first time and I didn't think they could get any more comfortable but it did. I would say for the little $ they were, it was definitely worth it. I like where the two tool side ds are, and you can attach quite a bit of gear to them. when I have my power saw hanging on one side a too much gear on the other, things balance out very nicely plus I have more room for other options if I need.

How do you guys store them?
When they are soaking wet from the days work?
Or when your not going to use them for a couple of days, like the weekend? Do you hang them up?

Good day mates

Attachments

• 20220328_074313.jpg
    20220328_074313.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 20220328_074532.jpg
    20220328_074532.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 6
I always hung or draped over a sawhorse my saddle after use if it was wet. If for no other reason than putting on a soggy saddle the next day sux :). For storage when it's not going to be used regularly, I'd make sure it was fully dry, then store in a rodent proof box or bin.

Sweat needs to be accounted for, too. Let that dry out as well before storage. If you are a heavy sweater, occasionally rinse the saddle out to remove the salt before storage.

My bag is cotton canvas. If the saddle's wet, I put it in the bag and leave the top open. Seems to dry it out ok.

Looks fun to play with tho, but i can't see anyone being able to justify 700 bucks for something a rigging plate and a few pulleys could do just as well. Maybe for rescue teams, but that's about it.

That vid was savage. Holy chit mang. Geez. Gotta love it.

And so cool the way they obviously wanted to trolley out every last piece possible. So just wondering how the last of the butt got gone- cut it small and hump it out?

I suppose there's a place for it somewhere in our industry, but I can't ever see myself taking the time to set up something like that. Old school...

Pete I know you have cranes back home ??

I enjoyed watching that , even made me miss rigging some shit.

Soon hopefully I wont own a crane and can play again

Pete I know you have cranes back home ??

I enjoyed watching that , even made me miss rigging some shit.

Soon hopefully I wont own a crane and can play again
Absolutely we do, but they are still seldom used compared to the US 70C95BCB-794C-4726-A6C4-804E91B039B8.jpeg
Out my way cranes have to come quite a distance, so are really expensive. I hired this in (with operator) the other week - the way forward if you can get them onsite

@huskihl , m sorry if i offended you in any way, I have only been into saws for a year or so, so maybe he is only known to me for the blacking out saws thing.

I would hope there have been tons of awesome saw things before John was a youtube sensation! He has only been on youtube 5 months.

From watching videos of Johnny nitrous, he seems just like a dude in his garage trying to make a living working on powersaws, trying to have fun with it. if i am correct he has said that this is very new to him, doing his own thing full time. i have only watched a few of videos as of the past month or two so i cant comment on every video he has going back the five months.

respectfully
wayne

Back