O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Ruel, how do you like that double cam footie. By Harken, I presume the quality is exceptional. I have one by Notch, I'm sure I'll try it one of these days!

Only used a few times, definitely Smoother than my ISC Stryder. Works best with rope tail directly down. Sven used it for a spread out Climb and said it didn't work well when the tail was over branches. It was either Not grabbing or it was popping out, can't remember which.

It's going to work fine with my climbing style cause I tend to overhaul my Line more frequently. Sven is quite a monkey, climbs the tree more than the rope, so was an issue with his style.

Ruel, how do you like that double cam footie. By Harken, I presume the quality is exceptional. I have one by Notch, I'm sure I'll try it one of these days!
Exact same thing last I heard. Harken makes (or made) the Notch ones.

Im actually surprised at the quality. It's nice but it's not DMM level sexy. harken sailing stuff is so slick, something about the finish feels a bit clunky compared to that

The double cams have lighter Spring tension while still positively engaging when loaded.

Different kind of gear, but I bought a new gas stove.
Part of the old one broke off and couldn't be replaced.
So, on the wonderful internet I found a replacement.
Problem; when it landed there were 5 user's manuals.
In Croatian, Latvian, Romanian, Polish and Lithuanian.

I'm quite good at languages, but not those.

Called the company and they flopped down like a scolded dog.
Bring it back in and we'll refund you.

I liked that enough, that I started to set it up myself.
See, each of those countries have a different source of gas, most of them by way of Putin.

Different type, different pressure.
First time I lit that stove, I honestly thought someone had poked a dragon with a sharp stick.
Eventually I found the right set of jets for each burner.

Now they are trying to find me an oven manual in german.

The wonders of globalism.

Back