O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

@SeanKroll I bought one of those for my wife for Christmas. I love it. Not that I’ll use it a lot but I’ll use it enough to warrant owning it.
56DD68CC-F400-44A7-A183-0E444DC7417B.png Looks to be about $50 for the holster

Strapped down.

The scabbard doesn't fall out of the holster. Manual oiling and chain tensioning ( no screw mechanism).

The bottom straps down to the led.

A retainer strap while holstered.

Great for funky, reachy orchard pruning where a handsaw will vibrate the branch as much as cutting it.

I think it will be useful for very light cutting when a rigged piece needs a little cutting before landing, to fit in the drop 20220217_144424.jpg 20220217_144510.jpg zone.

I posted the mill elsewhere, but here is the mill, edger, track loader, plus the grapple and forks that arrived today. I think it was posted before, but the Volvo grapple truck is in the background.

I need to get a barn built, but it’s hard to get a friggin quote. After the barn is built on another part of the property, the top of this hill is going to be brought down to the same grade as the house.
A53C139F-BD41-4F9A-BBC1-61A9A5A17540.jpeg 1EEDA7C6-271E-4F29-A696-BE978EFA857D.jpeg D81269B6-560D-4FB2-BDCF-6746C31756F4.jpeg B898DB32-EF21-4842-B7DD-24D000A4357A.jpeg

Super 70! That's jumping in with both feet. :)

I was going to buy a 2022 LT40 walk along for basically the price of new.... then I found the combo deal for the 2015 1k hour LT70 Super and 500 hour EG200 diesel/trailer basically the price of a new LT70 Super before you factor in the unused BMS250 sharpener, BMT150 setter, 20 new blades, bunch once dulled blades, spare drive and wheel belts, spare edger blades, etc etc. My theory is worse case I don't add it to the business and sell the setup for a tidy profit. I do think I wish it was a wide, but then again I've gone through 7 blades in a hurry, im ok with them being less expensive.

Carl is not known for doing things by half measures :).

Carly wants to "build a tree house on the ground" with lumber from the sawmill so by god I bought a sawmill. It's good to be my only child :lol:.

My old 300mm Gomtaro has been collecting dust since I got the Tsurugi a couple years ago, nothing wrong with it except a little dull, and I’ve been meaning to get a fine tooth handsaw for the occasional fruit or ornamental tree, so found a 300mm fine tooth blade on Amazon. It’ll come in handy eventually.
E39F2459-357D-482B-BA6C-6C308048703A.jpeg

I posted a link because my phone doesn’t want to upload pics for some reason. I bought it to haul the side by side and quads around mostly. At just shy of 10k gvw I can haul the mini and attachments if needed. Any suggestions on keeping this thing nice. Seal the deck or undercoating? I’ve never owned a brand new trailer and I really don’t want to have to replace it for another 20 years. My old utility trailer is almost 30 years old and it shows. Needed more work than what I was willing to do for something that still wouldn’t fill my needs. DE769A9E-FA26-4991-B246-3556ACCCBB36.jpeg
I guess the pic loaded

Kind of OT, but I got this yesterday...

IMG_20220327_105515.jpg

Inspired by a thread from the buzz. I want to smell like my pockets are full of wood chips. I don't think this is it. Kinda smells like woodsy old man. I suppose that's fitting, but not what I'm going for :^D My previous attempt was Pino Silvestre. That's kinda piney in an abstract way. I like it, but it isn't a pocket full of wood chips. So far, the best I've gotten is Cedar Safe from homedepot. That's ERC oil meant to rejuvinate cedar chests/closets. I put a little on my hat brim in the summer. Main goal is to repel insects. Not sure it works, but it smells fantastic. ERC is one of my all time favorite scents, and that smells like a pocket full of chips.

edit:
Just noticed the typo on the label. "Woodalnd". They could use a copy editor :^D

Last edited:
I posted a link because my phone doesn’t want to upload pics for some reason. I bought it to haul the side by side and quads around mostly. At just shy of 10k gvw I can haul the mini and attachments if needed. Any suggestions on keeping this thing nice. Seal the deck or undercoating? I’ve never owned a brand new trailer and I really don’t want to have to replace it for another 20 years. My old utility trailer is almost 30 years old and it shows. Needed more work than what I was willing to do for something that still wouldn’t fill my needs.View attachment 119460
I guess the pic loaded
Fluid film and grease. The wood you will be replacing at some time in its life. If it’s green treat it should last a good long while. Congrats!

Nice trailer!

Flush, what's up with that new fluid film in the black can instead of the usual red?

Fluid film seems like a good idea for underneath. I’d hate to think about what it would cost to line-x the whole trailer. Maybe the deck is feasible though.

Fluid film is pretty good, though Brendan V has found some stuff he says is even better

Fluid film seems like a good idea for underneath. I’d hate to think about what it would cost to line-x the whole trailer. Maybe the deck is feasible though.
If nothing else just hit the nooks and crannies where the wires are snaked thru, up around the hitch, and any tabs that hold wires in place. LineXing the under side of your fenders might not be a bad idea. And FF the boxes that hold the lights. Hitting the leaf pack too,

There’s a lot of folks that highly recommend a cheap homemade concoction, that I think is mostly automatic transmission fluid, applied with a paint gun and air compressor. Trailer should be easy. When they do vehicles, there’s always gonna be some nasty smoke from the amount that gets on exhaust components, can’t be healthy. I think they re-spray every couple years. If fluid film lasts for a decade or so, it’d probably be worth the cost.

Back