O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

My wife doesn’t understand why we need an even bigger chipper.....

Nice! You found another conehead. What size is it? I'd love to see a pic of the feed wheels on it.

Where's the feed bar?

This just tickled my Bling Bone. Just got another Camp Turbo. Have a friend stitching up a new strap for the old one. She made a leather strap, but the rope was rubbing the stitching she sewed in. Any way. Hard to not try this.

Exciting stuff today...

IMG_20210710_100903.jpg

:^P

Got five pair from DollarTree. They feel like they'd be good winter gloves. I'm a little ambivalent about latex coated gloves. I hate wearing them, but I really like the grip on rope. If I'm not rope climbing, I prefer leather shells. Anyway, check 'em out if you have a DollarTree close. $1 is a cheap gamble.

Well they gave me a brand new one in April to replace the one they couldn’t fix.
After a few days I realised there was a significant leak from the pump area, so back it goes for three weeks to be sorted.
Straight away on its return there were issues with the brakes binding and it was slow driving.
So they sent a mechanic up who didn’t seem to know much but we discovered the pump pressure was 12 bar when it should have been 26 so it seem likely that he played around with the settings and lowered them.
This means the brakes weren’t releasing properly and may have damaged the drive motors.
There’s more but it’s too boring to go into.
Basically there’s been 18 months with 2 brand new machines, constant incompetence and lies and it’s really done my head in.

I’ve lost all faith in them, the machine and the brand.

The green one was a demo machine that happened to be 15km from me so I snapped it up.
Similar power, a little smaller perhaps.

The blue one (70 hrs) should fetch the 38k the green one cost so I won’t be much out of pocket.

Back