O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I'm certain, too.

Along the lines of 'the more hydraulics the better' advice given to me about a mill, sometimes letting someone else do the hard work for you for a price, means more productivity and long term profitability, especially if you're flattening them yourself, now.

Bandsaws start at about $2200.

Its hard when for a hundred dollars more, there is this option, and that option, and...
Easy to outgrow an intro model.

They sell bandsaw plans, which I bet you know, Peter. R and D is worth paying for, sometimes.

Have you all seen Matt Cremona's bandsaw build?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He also has an electric winch-powered, trailer-mounted loading arch build and use series.
This is a friend of his, how build one modeled on Matt's.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Exchange rates are a challenge, as well as importing, no doubt.

From a shop, or second hand? If from a shop, do you mind saying what you paid? I'm curious what different people pay for reels. My new saw shop charges $340/reel which I think is pretty decent. My old shop charged list(for everything), and that was $572/reel. I'd buy from the new guy, but I already stocked up from the second hand market.

$220 is a great price. I got 2 reels of rm2 for about $220 each. I'd have preferred yellow chain, but I couldn't pass it up. Works for everything I need to do, including boring, and I like the old retro boxes :^)

Yep. When the chain on Nutball's modded 2511 went I was hopeful the dealer would have but no they don't even make loops. Only 44dl not 45dl. So the reason for my purchase.
Dealer support around here sucks for either brand no one caters to the true pro crowd anymore.

I miss my old timer run Husqy shop. The place was like going to Mecca saws hanging from the rafters bar oil stained wood floors two stroke smoke hanging in the air ahh the memories. And the guy knew everything there was to know about 2stroke he was fortunate enough to see the beginning of computer carbs but that was it before he passed away.

My long beloved local Stihl saw shop is changing, really has changed, and I also miss the old days. Back then, pro sawyers were kings, and we got the best of service and parts for real deal saws. Full shelves of the professional saws from 200's to 880's. Now, not nearly the selection. More home owner models. Effin' leaf blowers :(.

The two long time technicians, highly skilled and trained, have retired. These new boys...not so much to bring to the table, by a mile.

It reflects the dwindling timber industry hereabouts. Sad, really.

Any Pro models I have to order they are never on the shelf at the Husqy dealer, Stihl dealer they just reread what the book tells them but they do have a selection of pro models but no body there has run them.

My long beloved local Stihl saw shop is changing, really has changed, and we got the best of service and parts for real deal saws. Now, not nearly the selection. More home owner models. Effin' leaf blowers :(.

The long time technicians, highly skilled and trained, have retired. These new boys...not so much to bring to the table, by a mile. Sad, really.

Last time I was in Sydney I went to my old Stihl dealer, "Closed for Renovation - New Owners" so that's the end of that place. He really knew stuff, unlike the other couple around there.

Yours is in much better shape than mine! I agree completely, for something that can hitch a ride on the chipper tray it should go to every job, makes hand work so much easier

Back