O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I saw that cookie I believe in the Science Museum in Saint Paul? Johnny told me the story about you being the only one brave (crazy) enough to slice that piece of history in two usable peices.

Wow, I saw that piece in the Science Museum while I was there too! Didn't know you were the one to cut it up Dave. Very cool.

Its doug fir, I believe it's only about 800yr's old -- only 800 yrs old.
They wanted to cut a cracker off there existing cookie for a traveling exibit, funny thing is the "science guys" searched quarry guys, machine shops to cut it, B4 it dawned on them to call a tree guy :?

Well, I picked up this lil' gem in the local classifieds. Pretty good deal, in great condition.

I gave up the idea of hauling brush before it even happened!:D

It's a great starter chipper, Brendon. I would have loved to have it when I was starting. Much better than stacking brush on a trailer like I did for many years (and still do once in a while).

Our new truck! 99 International 4700 with a Schodorf multi-use body.

Also a shot into one of the bays in our new shop, featuring the Boxer.

NIce truck how much? I'm looking at a 01 dt466, 25k mile, 14'southco body. No removeable lids:X 33k? sound good?

Spent about 20K for the truck and about 15K for the box. 18.5 cubic yard box, with removable tops and sides. It breaks all the way down to a flat bed, hense the "multi-use" name.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, camera died yesterday about 3 minutes after showing up at a site for an arbo report, drove to the store, bought a new one. :) funny thing is, the wife wants a camera for christmas and we had done research the night before... so I knew exactly which one I wanted. its pretty sweet... Olympus 510UZ
SP-510UZ-front_m.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hit the arbo store today. a friend (tribaltreeguy) did me a favor last week so I picked him up some christmas gifts... a pretty pink throwbag, a pretty purple mini biner, a green arborwear toque to cover his shiny dome and some earplugs... :) then I bought myself a couple biners just cuz. :)

Back