O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Holy mol....:P yes that was the price for the ramps.
The pads were like $104 something a piece.

hmmm... $104 each for 'lifetime' outrigger pads vs. about $12 each and 15 minutes for a wooden one that will last 1-2 years. I can buy 8.67 pads for the cost of one of yours, so payback time is 9-15 years.

Sorry, but I just don't see it. Maybe I'm not making enough money at this gig but I'd need to be making some crazy big dollars for a long time to consider blowing $2800 on outrigger pads. :O

I'm gonna order two, and make my bucket guy reimburse me. He'll thank me. And two Franklins ain't squat.

Why do you need $2800 worth of them, Brian?

A 3/4" sheet of plywood cut into 2'x2' squares works good. They don't last forever and has to replaced from time to time. We also carry an assortment of square lumber 4x4's 6x6's ect. ect. for blocking if we have to set up next to curbs, unlevel ground, or in a wet spot. The lighter the better to me, if your doing multiple sets in a day anything heavy just gets heavier as the day drags on.

Whatever works for you Brian. I never even hinted that you should spend a dime on anything. It's what works for me.:lol:

No Bivy, here is that "slightly" used set of forks we talked about, you can see how the fork flips up so you can use the reciever hitch. the forks are rated at 900#s, hardened and 42" long. also notice scratched paint, paint splotch, and surface rust, No bends

Brian, I think that OSB laminated into whatever greater thicknes you want would be a good deal tougher and longer lasting than your 2x8s-and you could just glue em up and dispense with the nails. I think a double thickness of 3/4 would be dandy.

Bought myself a 395 with 28" bar today for a sod of an oak take down :) Is that the biggest bar you can run on one ??

I would say 42" would be the biggest handy size. I have, in my former years ran a 36" bar on a 044.

I know a member of the board has a 250 or 260 (I think and hope its the 260) with a 20" or 24" bar on it, painfully slow but light as a feather.

Making so much money I can afford to come home early lol ;)

Nah I felled the tree I priced to dismantle LOL :) In one with a little Land Rover assistance and the 395 chewing at it's arse :P

Taking the tractor out there to clear up tomorrow am, couldn't do it today because the clients having a new kitchen delivered and the Murcielego (sp) was in the way LOL

I thginky husky recommends up to 50 inch bars on the 395. Under 28 seems a waste-might as well run something smaller in the powerhead. Over 42" is an awful lot of bar to wag around.(actuallt 42 " is a lot of bar to wag about. I never have used more than a 36" bar on anything.

Back