O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Dave, go easy with Jay's ego. It's almost as big as Carl's head. :P

I never wanted to say anything, you brought it up. It does seem like the young fella has a rather large skull, for sure a high score with Boone & Crockett.

There is a shoemaker working nearby, a German guy. Makes custom shoes. I sold him a little steamer I had, uses it for molding leather. He's swamped with work, it really doesn't seem like such a bad gig. Ran into him at a sushi place, and noted that he has a beautiful wife too, if there is some connection. His little daughter has some pretty awesome looking shoes in bright red leather..

:lol: The B&C score got me.

Just wait till the drying period is over, green score don't mean sickum!
shrunken-head1.jpg

As to Stig and their cutting days. The contour makes all the difference. cutting on flat ground vs. steep and 6 hours wears you out just fine.;)

For sure.
I worked in the Swiss Alps when I was a youngster.
Almost killed me until I got used to dragging my ass up and downhill all day in the thin air.
A flat country is pretty boring to live in, but great for logging.

Just ordered another set of Green Teeth for the stump grinder, highly exciting although I'm planning to swap out to the Revolution wheel this winter.

Some random data from this last set of teeth:

4/11/2010 Refit the teeth (replaced all the dull teeth)
Replaced 2 broken teeth since then.
Put 33.3 hours on the hour meter, of which 21.18 were "billable" or "production."
Knocked out a little over $7k in stumps during that time8)

Tomorrow I'll finish another job and do a couple others, adding ~$500 to the total this set of teeth made and an hour and change to the billable time.

The Revolution wheel promises to be even better, I'm kinda jazzed about it.

For sure.
I worked in the Swiss Alps when I was a youngster.
Almost killed me until I got used to dragging my ass up and downhill all day in the thin air.
A flat country is pretty boring to live in, but great for logging.

That makes sense. I was thinking 61/2 to 7 hrs does me in just fine on a slope with a saw.

Nice Willie. I wonder how you get to bring saws and stumpgrinders in the house without getting in trouble?

Willie's the man!

How many teeth on that wheel?

And how come you didn't just fasten up one of your 090's to that thing?

Bought a BR600 to replace my old, beat BR420.

They "threw in" 2 bottles of mix oil, but charged me $.59 for the earplugs . :what: Forgot to grab a replentishment for the truck on the way out this morning. I was going to be running the blower and grinder for a while as well so I didn't want to use bullets, like I'd usually do.

Carl is buying and paying off debt at the same time. Lots of hope in that young fella for the coming generation. I guess one is not exclusive of the other.

Nice, Carl.

That blower freaking rocks. Mine does some funniness after you shut it off. It does this weird keep on running kinda thing. I think they had some recalls on the earlier models, should probably look into that.

Back