New Top Handle Husky.

Well because they layed down on the job is why I have 3-335's in my shed and a box full of parts that used to be 335's .

When they run they do good ,nice balance .It's when they don't they piss off the trimmers and they don't buy no more of them .I dunno maybe Husky got it right this time .

I'll bet they did......I've heard good reviews on the T435....for the price....seems close to the 338 inpower... but with its funky muffler, and being strato charged, the gains from muffler modding would likely be minimal. Dunno about the 540. I'll be very interested to see how it performs.....meanwhile, I'm looking forward to another 2139T...they really are rock solid now.

This it likely won't take to mods very well....The muffler may not be moddable either.

It would be interesting to see how modifications might improve things, but those strato-charged engines do have a more delicate thing going on, so affecting the timing just might well screw them up. Presumably you could at least work on the piston to lighten it a bit.

:lol:I hear alot of whining about the 335, why not just buy a 338 and have less to bitch about.
The airfilter on my 2010 338XPT stays cleaner longer then my MS200 hands down.
I had the rewind housing off my 338 last evening and the air injection [what little air injection a saw of this size has]looks pretty sophisticated compared to the "out in the open" MS200 air filter intake. I'm told my newer 338 has improvements over the older 335-338 models intakes.
I hear the new T540XP won't be out till late 2011 which is good so I can enjoy my "new to me 338" with no distractions. The AutoTune on the 540 will be great, seeing I really enjoy my 576 AutoTune's. In my 37 yrs of running saws I never dreamed a saw could tune itself better then I could.
Willard:lol:

Ive been drunk at room temperature on ice cold beer
I like that saw hope it has some power.

HolmenTree The airfilter on my 2010 338XPT stays cleaner longer then my MS200 hands down. I had the rewind housing off my 338 last evening and the air injection [what little air injection a saw of this size has said:
looks pretty sophisticated compared to the "out in the open" MS200 air filter intake. I'm told my newer 338 has improvements over the older 335-338 models intakesWillard:lol:

Been running these saws for 14 years, and disagree. The filter gets dirty fast

nothing has ever changed----and the air injection on the Huskys is nothing like on the larger saws

I just got my new 338 last spring and I have the luxury of running it and my MS200 alongside each other every day.
And the 200 airfilter gets dirtier way faster then the 338. I think the 4 pyramid design of the 338's filter may shed dust better then the flat 200 filter.
I'm going out to the shop right now and take a few pictures of the 338's air filter intake. Will post in a few minutes.

Willard.

Little delay, I had to use my kids camera , my wife is off to Nashville,Tenn at her cousins wedding and she took my camera.
Now you gotta believe me, both saws in the bottom pic have 6-8 hrs each doing aerial pruning and removal in poplar. I clean them once a day.
Now compare the first pic rb to your Jonsered and see if your air intake is the same . There only has to be a slight difference for improvement. My 338XPT is a 2010 model. Post a pic of your Jonsered setup just like I posted mine for comparison.
Willard. Husqvarna 272XP 006.jpg Husqvarna 272XP 001.jpg

Not to change the subject but supposedly the "intella carb " on the Stihl is supposed to regulate the diaphragm a tad bit to compensate for a dirty filter .Weather it actually works or not is still to be determined .Depends on who you talk to I imagine .

I agree with RB. My 338 Cali, which is run alongside the 200t every day, gets way dirtier quicker. I think you lucked out on yours, Willard.

I agree with RB. My 338 Cali, which is run alongside the 200t every day, gets way dirtier quicker. I think you lucked out on yours, Willard.
Interesting.How old is your 338?
I read somewhere about a year ago may have been on AS. Info said Husqvarna did an upgrade to the 338XPT'S air filter intake. Thats why I would like to compare my 2010 338 intake setup [pic below] to an older Husky/Jonsie model. When you look at the square hole [intake] in the orange airfilter cover it matches with the grey plastic piece that controls the air flow in the fanwheel housing. Notice the flap in the grey piece with the 2 reinforcement ribs, this flap deflects debris from getting into the intake hole . That I believe was upgraded made longer blocking more of the debris from the centrifugal air off the flywheel. The 338 doesn't have direct air injection but seeing the intake for the airfilter does come from the pressurized fanwheel housing I can say it is a form of air injection.
Willard.
Husqvarna 272XP 006.jpg

I have the first generation of that model Husky, called the 333 that they marketed in Asia. The filter shape is a little different. Cleaning the filter at the end of the day is usually sufficient after all day cutting with it. It's not as good as some other Huskys in the clogging vein, and prone to other problems, but not bad at all. I learned on it that you can mod 'em too, turn them into little screamers.

I'll have to check the serial, but I think it's a 2008. Don't get me wrong, I love it, I think it may have an edge over the 200t, or at least I prefer it of late.

The only issue with the 200's is the carb/fuel delivery imo. Otherwise they're an unstoppable tree annihilating machine. If you don't pull the screen that's your own issue, not the saws.

Cant wait till this saw comes out, it may be my first husky. I would like to try a few husky saws, I have heard that they run a bit smother.

willard, the shroud and flywheel cover on yours are a different design than all my old 335's. My 2139, while it has its own design cover, has the same shroud. and came with the foam filter, as have most of mine. There were some issues with the mesh filter, if I recall. I don;t know what they would have been. I have one mesh filter and base part, but they're not on a running saw at this time.....

I have no problem with the filter getting dirty fast, which it does, just clean it once a day or a bit more under heavy use. I'll not get a 338, when I can get a 2139 for about $100 less....

Naturally, I will have to get a 540 when they hit our market, but doubt that it will be moddable to the degree that the 338/2139's are. I also don't like the rear filter box, which appears even bulkier than the 200T's. Its position means you lose at least two inches of reach versus the 338......sure, the balance is great, but reach is very important to me.

rb good point about the reach factor with the rear filter. The 540 or what model # Jonsered decides to go with should be an interesting saw to run especially with the auto tune setup. The saw being strato charged will run clean enough so it won't have a cat muffler. So a muffler mod should be no problem on the 540. The auto tune computer will adjust tuning from there after the mod. The auto tune on my 576s is flawless accurate with just a little "sweet spot" at WOT.
Willard.

Back