New Top Handle Husky.

I sure can't see how you'd think it looks like a 200T, Nick. How so?

It is a nice looking platform...for an orange saw :D.

I sure can't see how you'd think it looks like a 200T, Nick. How so?

That's why I posted a pic of 540 for him. I didnt see the resemblance to a 200T either.

200T002.jpg

200T003.jpg

200T004.jpg

T540.jpg

Heres what i think.

1. They moved the gas tank to the back of the unit. Same spot as the 200t, its just not as boxy

2. I really like how they moved the air filter from the front of the saw to the back. This looks like the 200T again its just not as boxy and it is more compact.

3. It looks like they have the same style "clip in" point as the 200t for when you take off the chain break cover.

4,5,6 is what i like about the new saw
4. I like how they moved the oil fill on the bottom unlike the 200t. It wont allow chips to collect and fall in the tank when you take the cap off. It also has screw caps:D

5. I love how you can use a flat head too instead of just the special hex key to take the cover off.

6. I know the 200t is pretty comfy but i like how this saw has grips. I just wonder how long they will hold.

I also like how this saw has the auto tune, for those days when it starts off in the 40's and it can jump up in the 60's through out the day.

Again thats just how i think it looks like a 200t. The husky saw is not as boxy, but where everything is placed out it is like a 200t.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 6
Ohh i forgot the pull start. I like how they have it tilted but i also wonder if it will wear due to drop starting it rather than "throwing" it.

They need to take off that worthless goofy homeowner chain and put real saw chain on it for the promotional photos. ;)

So perhaps when you say "looks like", I should hear "shares design features with". :)

Yea haha its hard explaining and getting your point across on a computer haha

But thats what i ment:lol:

Good post Nick glad to see more of it.

Why thank you! I have a few good brain farts here and there haha

I cant wait to try out this new saw, and see how it compaires to a 200t. I'm hoping to order one in a month or two, i just need to get some more work lined up.

They need to take off that worthless goofy homeowner chain and put real saw chain on it for the promotional photos. ;)

Agree!!

I just got to ask, how does the primer bulb location on the 540 compare to the 200 :lol:
never noticed it till you posted that side pics. Thanks for doing so 8)

They have the T540xp down your way already? On the dealers shelves?

I dont have any husky dealers in cincinnati. I have a really good dealer that i do my business through and they can order me one in, the mechanic that works there is going to order one with me, hes just waiting for me to order one.

Nothing wrong with primer bulbs. I like the ones on the 346xp.
The reason it looks similar to a 200T, is probably down to convergent evolution.

Digging up past info.

Husqvarna, leader in outdoor power products announced its brand new professional T540 XP® chainsaw, ready for an early 2011 launch.

Live presentations of the T 540 XP® were given during the recent APF both in the main Husqvarna arena between the daily Husqvarna World 25m Pole Climbing competitions and on the demonstration site.

Designed with the aim of creating the ultimate arborist saw using new eyes, yours and your colleagues. The question was posed to professionals worldwide: “Which features are most important when you choose a saw?” At the top of their list were good balance and ergonomics, a strong, fast engine and low weight.

Developed with and tested by demanding professional users, ensures it meets the expectations required for reliability and robustness in all arborist and utility aerial applications.

The result is the T540 XP®, a combination of great engine performance, reliable and robust design, tremendous balance, optimised ergonomics and low weight. All combine to deliver a top handled chainsaw that is in a class of its own and a pleasure to work with.

The T540XP® has all the features you would have come to expect or demand from the Husqvarna XP designation . High chain speed, superb acceleration, high centre of gravity delivering low gyroscopic forces, air injection and excellent low vibration levels.

Using an X-Torq® engine delivering improved torque and fuel efficiency whilst reducing exhaust emissions, the T540XP is also equipped with AutoTune™. This feature provides optimal engine performance via an automatic engine setting function. No time needs to be spent on carburetor adjustments, as the saw automatically adjusts for differences in fuel, altitude, humidity, temperature and air filter performance.

Weight, balance and cutting accuracy are aided by the new TechLite guide bar. When compared to our previous standard bar, TechLite is 20% lighter with better stiffness, has a 9 tooth nose wheel for improved durability, reduces overall weight, assists in optimising balance and reduces the of chance permanent bar deformation.

Overall features

♣ X-Torq® engine
♣ Well-balanced design
♣ LowVib®
♣ AutoTune™
♣ Double rope eyelet
♣ Top handle in three sizes
♣ Ergonomic design, including an angled front handle and a soft grip rear handle
♣ Quick and easy chain adjustment
♣ Air Injection, resulting in less filter cleanings
♣ Heavy-duty air filters for a long service life
♣ Smart Start® for easy starting
♣ Snap locked cylinder cover for ease of maintenance
♣ Maximum durability for tough applications
♣ Magnesium crankcase
♣ Coloured felling marks

The ergonomic front handle has an increased diameter for better handling and is angled backwards for better reach. Where as the ergonomic top-handle is asymmetric shaped to create a perfect fit in the hand as well as giving good control and grip. The three different sized inserts make it adjustable to the size of the user’s hand.

T540 XP®: 37.7 cc – 1.8 kW (2.4 hp). Weight - 3.6 kg (7.92 lbs).

Link with UK info http://www.husqvarna.com/uk/forest/products/top-handle-saws/t-540-xp-/

Back