New Top Handle Husky.

How does the 576 run compared to a 372? Which would you prefer ?
576.... more torque[cuts like a 80cc] , always in perfect tune- no more damn carb screws , alot easier on gas, stronger smoother anti-vibe, better balance, 4 clips hold whole top cover on, easy access decomp button.
When I do the muffler mod I'll update later.
I better go turn my dusty 372 over before it seizes up.:lol:
Willard.

My 372 is like new so I don't need to replace it, but if I see a good deal on a 576, I may not be able to resist the urge to pick one up.:D

My 372 is like new so I don't need to replace it, but if I see a good deal on a 576, I may not be able to resist the urge to pick one up.:D

I know a guy that has a 576xp woods ported with about 20% gains is his estimate for sale. It is not the autotune model and looks hardly used and but bought this year.

I was impressed with just the stock 576xp non-auto tune supplied at the 09 racing gtg.

That autotune sounds pretty cool if it really works. I'd like to see if anyone has had any problems with them.

I don't think you'll have much luck getting reports on AutoTune problems. From what I hear from abroad the saws are very reliable.
I got 3 of them and all 3 run the same with no problems.
Willard.

Well i found out the price on this bad boy today.. It runs for around $380 with tax. I think i am going to pick one up in a few months.

Yes these new generation 540's look just like the new not out yet 560-562XP's. From what I hear Husqvarna really got their act together on these new saws. I hope they upgraded the primer bulbs from the trouble I've been having with my 346's.

Willard.

Actually Willard.. The primer bulbs have gotten worse across the board. Two on my Stihl FS 250s were the worst.. Lasted all of two months.
Generic were as bad as those.
Husky lasts about double on the saws. 4 - 6 months.
Echo.. I have only had to replace one in two years thus far.
The ethanol and additives in California fuel is probably the culprit. But the bubbles life expectancy has gotten worse over the last couple years. The cycle started when oil hit the all time high..

Still no T540XP available yet so I just have to do with my Stihl MS200 and Husky 338XPT. I had the 338 on the bench today and did some bar and rim sprocket changes. A while back I did the 9/16" outlet muffler mod to it and have about 40 tanks of fuel through it now, little guy really rips.
1st photo shows the 1/4" rim sprocket on it which I alternate with a .325 rim. 2nd photo is with 16" and 1/4" chain. 3rd photo is 16" with .325 chisel chain. 4th photo is 12" dimetip carver bar with 1/4" Stihl chain.
I can swap bars chains and rims between my 346 and 338.

Willard.

Attachments

• race bars 004.jpg
    race bars 004.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 6
  • race bars 001.jpg
    race bars 001.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 6
  • race bars 009.jpg
    race bars 009.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 7
  • race bars 011.jpg
    race bars 011.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 7
youve got too much time on your hands to do all that willard:>
I know Dave, but its that time of the year again where I shutdown down for the winter. I got a 5 gal pail of stump grinder teeth to sharpen, pile of chipper knives, sawchain and a trailer and powerbarrow that needs some modifications. -30 below windchill outside, the warm garage feels pretty good.
Any of you fellas who want to convert your Husqvarna 338XPT over to .325 here is the Husqvarna part#s: 537 32 60-02 for the drum, bearing and rim sprocket kit. 503 78 92-04 for the oilpump worm gear. These parts are not available in Canada but are in the US. Madsen's helped me out there. Baileys sells the 1/4"- 9Tsmall spline rims if you want to try 1/4".
A .325 16" bar from a 346XP fits the 338[Oregon ProLite would be a good choice]. A 14" quarter tip carver bar from Baileys would work fine if you want to go shorter.
The .325 chisel works really nice on the 338XPT, timed cuts have proved it cuts faster then the 3/8 LoPro and I have a longer lasting chain to file. Now with all my saws I only need 2 rolls of chain, .325 and 3/8.
This morning I ordered a .325 sprocket drum and worm gear for my Stihl MS200T so I can convert it over too. A rim sprocket setup is not available for the MS200 only the spur type. Plus these parts are only available in Canada not the US [reverse to Husqvarna]. I hope the new T540XP can be converted to .325 too.

Willard.

Willard, i can order a T540XP from my dealer right now, they have been avalible for about a month now, im just waiting for some cash flow so i can pick one up.

Willard, i can order a T540XP from my dealer right now, they have been avalible for about a month now, im just waiting for some cash flow so i can pick one up.

My Husky dealer figures we won't see them here in Canada for at least another year. So I may have to come across the line and pick one up.

Fargo, North Dakota here I come.

Willard.:)

I'll mail it to you, if there's a way to make that happen. I know you'll pay a lot in shipping and taxes...but it might be cheaper than driving to ND...

I'll mail it to you, if there's a way to make that happen. I know you'll pay a lot in shipping and taxes...but it might be cheaper than driving to ND...
Thanks Nick I might take you up on that. ND is only a few hrs drive from my inlaws who live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. We go to visit quite often even though we live 7 hrs drive north of them. For yrs many folks from ND did their shopping in Winnipeg when our Canadian $ was so low. Now its the other way around.

Willard.

Husky 540

It looks nice, for sure. What's the MSRP?

I'll bet it's over $400. Why a new one so soon? I haven't even seen a 445 yet, and now the 540 seems to be built more robust. I'm glad they put the intake in the rear, that was a problem with the 335 and 338. Any dealers in the South have 'em yet?

I'll bet it's over $400. Why a new one so soon? I haven't even seen a 445 yet, and now the 540 seems to be built more robust. I'm glad they put the intake in the rear, that was a problem with the 335 and 338. Any dealers in the South have 'em yet?

The saw sells for around $380... I think they came out with a new one to compete with stihls new 201T. I think huskys new saw looks very much like the stihl 200T.

Back