New Top Handle Husky.

I hope I can convert this new 540 over to a rim sprocket like I have with my 338XPT.
Hopefully they take the same drum and oil pump worm gear.
No rim setup available for the Stihl Ms200:cry:

Willard.

race bars 004.jpg

I'm sure you can figure out a way to get a rim on the 200...
It would be some tinkering, but should not bee too bad.
There should be other drums in same diameter, bearings you can adapt, the oilers gear can be cut to fit...
There must be a kit some were...

No rim setups that I could find for the MS200. I have spur drums with matching worm gears in 1/4", .325 and 3/8" Picco for my MS200. On my 019 I have a 1/4" spur drum on it and there is no oil pump worm gear because the 019 has a inboard clutch. Its funny the MS200 never got a inboard clutch like the 019 has.

Willard.

Willard, why is the spur drive sprocket such a bad setup? I've never had issues from them, to my knowlege. You've run about 100 saws to each of mine, so I'm sure your experience is the more valid...

Willard, why is the spur drive sprocket such a bad setup? I've never had issues from them, to my knowlege. You've run about 100 saws to each of mine, so I'm sure your experience is the more valid...
Burnham I've thrown a few chains on the top handles and the spur does major damage on the little chains drive links, especially the extra hard Stihl Picco. But my main reason for the rim setup is for the convenience of inter changeability between the 338XPT and my 346XP [both saws use the same small spline 7 T rim]. I run .325 chisel on both saws which makes less hassle in stocking different chains etc. I can keep changing rims and the drum is good for the life of the saw.

Willard.

If you find a rim with correct outer diameter and enough pace in center to fit a bearing you got a system.

To get the drum to fit the gear should not be too hard. Cuts, spacers with pin's or something should not be too hard...
Many way's to get that done and as gear is plastic it is very easy to make a new surface the drum grabs, even without sprocket.
A plastic layer and drum as mold should do the trick...

If you find a rim with correct outer diameter and enough pace in center to fit a bearing you got a system.

To get the drum to fit the gear should not be too hard. Cuts, spacers with pin's or something should not be too hard...
Many way's to get that done and as gear is plastic it is very easy to make a new surface the drum grabs, even without sprocket.
A plastic layer and drum as mold should do the trick...
Yes it can be done Magnus. Here is an opportunity for someone to make a good business venture.
Think of the possibilities.

Willard.:/:

I'm almost certain that Gypo showed up in Ohio with a rear handled 020 with a rim drive on it . If I'm correct about that I would assume Ed Heard probabley did it .

I've been out of contact with Ed for sometime but perhaps if someone is and if Ed would care to elaborate the mystery could be revealed .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't hold your breath, still a few months away at the least.

Pinched this from Steve B's forum, advertised but not available yet.http://www.husqvarna.com/uk/landscape-and-groundcare/products/chainsaws/t-540-xp/#specifications

Specifications for T 540 XP®
Engine specification Cylinder displacement 37.7 cm³ / 2.3 cu.inch
Power output 1.8 kW / 2.4 hp(I)
Maximum power speed 10200 rpm
Cylinder bore 40 mm / 1.6 inch
Cylinder stroke 30 mm / 1.2 inch
Cutting equipment Chain pitch 3/8"
Recommended bar length, min-max 30.5-40.6 cm / 12"-16"
Emission, vibration & noise data Equivalent vibration level (ahv , eq) front / rear handle 2.9/3.1 m/s²
Sound pressure level at operators ear 103 dB(A)
Guaranteed sound power level, LWA 113 dB(A)
Overall dimensions Weight (excl. cutting equipment) 3.6 kg / 7.9 lbs

Anyway you won't want one now you have a real saw.:P

Yeah, but I like my huskies, the power of the 200 is hard to beat. Now if husky could get the power of a 200 with their ergonomics well????

Yeah well, a lot of us have been waiting for that for many years. In the meantime we run the 200T and kick ass. My saw box is all orange except for my 200Ts.

I read they were waiting on the 201 release, then they were going to release 540 shortly after :what:

I think Husky is hoping that the new 201T won't be as strong as the 200T and therefore not as overwhelming of a competitor in comparison to their saw.

I don't think the 10,200 is the no load speed. Even a 3120 beats that. I see the 201T is at 1.8 kw, same as the Husky.

I don't think the 10,200 is the no load speed. Even a 3120 beats that. I see the 201T is at 1.8 kw, same as the Husky.
I haven't seen the posted ratings but from my experience with different saw companies ratings, that 10,200 rpm would be while the saw is in the wood.

Chain speed is the thing to look at I think as the rim/sprocket and engine configuration can be very different.

One pin up or down can alter rpm of engine quite a bit to maintain same speed.

Back