New Stress Releif......need carb guru

A plugged fuel filter perhaps? Does it even have a fuel filter?

Never mind, if the fuel filter was clogged then it wouldn't run excellently for 3-4 miles. :(

It would if it was open just a pinhole. Sounds like it runs until the float bowl runs out of gas, then when it sits it refills thru a timy bit of flow, but not enough to stay running on. Same thing will happen if there's some rust or gunk in the needle valve.

Sorry if it was already mentioned, didn't read the whole thread thru.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's def getting fuel when this happens.

I was talking my friends fathers friend, a good mechanic. First thing he said was Coil. It's heating up and loosing spark. This was backed up when I told him about how the plug will only spark on a tight ass gap. I ordered one anyway, so hopefully that'll be it.

Getting antsy here.

Update. Finally got my parts the other day after getting dicked around for 3 weeks.

New air box and rubber booty, battery, COIL, spark plug cap, and some other stuff.

Runs alot better. Today, took it to my buddies house down the street, round trip with a detour over 6 miles. Stalled randomley once. Starts back up in a second though. I almost want to think the fuel filter is creating flow issues. I don't think they have one stock, it's just an inline one I put on there.

Anyone have any experience with something like that? There is a filter on the petcock inside the tank so maybe they didn't put one on here OEM.

Have you replaced the inline filter?

It would be odd for a clogged filter to stall the engine then allow it to start right back up.

Ok, I have been riding the Yamaha quiete a bit lately. Still having that random stalling issue. It's erratic, and starts up after a second or two.

What does it mean when you can only get it to run on a small gap in the spark plug, less than half of the suggested gap? I put a new coil on and that helped immensly from the start. It just won't run on the suggest spark of .024 I think. What other electrical part can contribute to the weak spark?

Are you sure the coil is wired properly?

They can run wired backwards, they're just a pain to start, idle ok, and dog out at higher rpm's.

The half sized gap means either you've got weak fire or you're running some sort of charger (super/turbo) :).

Regarding the needles, pulling them out richens the mixture.

Alright, since I don't remember how old this thing is...

Weak spark could mean crappy voltage at the coil primary (check system voltage), bad ground, poor points (not breaking "cleanly"), or a bad condenser (capacitor).

Thanks.

The coil has one wire, pretty easy to hook up. I'll have one of my bro's check the voltage, I don't know anything electrical.

We'll see what happens.

Back