New Stolen equipment and asset management website **UK**

SteveBullman

TreeHouser
Sorry for the shameless plug, but for many of you who are unaware of the situation in uk, its getting pretty dire. Theres hardly a day goes by where we don't have a new thread started on Arbtalk by someone who has had their equipment stolen. To that end I have developed a new site to make it easier for people to keep account of their business assets, and also make their serial numbers publicly available in the event of a theft.
Its not going to change the world, but might just help someone somewhere down the line. Very keen to get the word out, hence posting this here also despite the fact its not relevant to the majority of this sites members.

Please take a look, and if you can like and share on facebook, twitter etc, all the better :)

www.arbsafe.co.uk

Great idea. Will be a great tool to warn owners of areas where high risk is present and extra effort warranted. Also could see the police using sight proactively one day too. How hard would it be to set up sight to handle the US, the world Steve? Being THE go to place for this will definitely be valuable more and more in the future.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great idea. Will be a great tool to warn owners of areas where high risk is present and extra effort warranted. Also could see the police using sight proactively one day too. How hard would it be to set up sight to handle the US, the world Steve? Being THE go to place for this will definitely be valuable more and more in the future.

Actually we have police accreditation in the pipeline. Its just a case of arranging a meeting with them and jumping through a few hoops to show the database is secure(which isn't going to be a problem)....they will then use the site as well as me being able to display the police approved logo....that can only be a positive move for giving the site credibility.

Setting up a site for the US, or anywhere, wouldn't be overly difficult now that I have the software coded and debugged. My market is the UK obviously as I am based here, so tend to focus more of my efforts here. Also as I understand it, equipment theft isn't quite so rife over there as it is here?? Wouldn't rule it out making something available worldwide :)

Next step should be printing/issuing stickers to display, stating that the equipment is "registered" in the system.

Im sure but they have to find them to get rid of them. Im putting one on my Conehead chipper as I love it and I just put a box on it for all our saws.....:/: Man I would be gutted if that were stolen. I have a setting where they will notify me within 5 mins if it is moved. Pretty sweet if it is left on a jobsite, as soon as it is stole (as long as they haven't found the device which I doubt) you will know and be able to track it in real time on your phone!! $89 for the device and $99 a year for the service.

Yes on some. Mostly chippers. Its the chainsaws that aren't so easy. There are things out there, micro tags, smart water etc.

Anything can be defeated Butch. The trick with security is layers. Arbsafe is just another small layer in some respects.

Good on you for setting it up Steve.
I'll let a few people I know who don't use arbtalk.

Back