Scored a great deal on saws & a G.R.C.S.

• Thread starter Hobby Climber
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 2K
H

Hobby Climber

Well over a month ago one of our members posted a link to the Buzz site of a fellow getting rid of his equipment. Sorry I can't remember who it was at the moment but THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to wait till he (Christian) finished up his work obligations before I could drive from Windsor Ontario (Detroit MI) to New Buffalo MI to pick up the gear.

I picked up a Husky 375xp saw for myself and a Stihl 066 for a buddy of mine. Got them both for $300 each plus another $50 for the extra bars & chain for the 066. Yes there is LOTS of compression in both!

That alone was a good deal in itself and worth the trip, (just over 3 hrs each way).

He also had a GRCS he was selling but it had been spoken for already. Thing was, the guy who wanted it never called or attempted to make arrangments to buy or pick it up & its been well over a month since he heard from the guy.

I was very luckey that day because I just happened to have an extra $1000 in my pockt wich was what he was asking for his G.R.C.S.

Its Serial No. is #776, and it looks like its been used no more than a couple of times. Thing is in near mint condition!!!

Only issue with it is that the spring loaded pin that holds the "Pig Tail" in place had been bent and will need to be streightened or replaced. Either way, its no big deal.

Just thought I'd share my good news with you guys is all.

Enjoy the pics,

HC

Attachments

• Tree Equipment June 2009 001.jpg
    Tree Equipment June 2009 001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • Tree Equipment June 2009 002.jpg
    Tree Equipment June 2009 002.jpg
    999.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Tree Equipment June 2009 003.jpg
    Tree Equipment June 2009 003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • Tree Equipment June 2009 004.jpg
    Tree Equipment June 2009 004.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • Tree Equipment June 2009 005.jpg
    Tree Equipment June 2009 005.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh Ya, & I have just the tree job to use it on too! Can't wait.

Nice score!

That pin assembly can be upgraded. Give Greg a call

Braggart!!! Great deal!

I used a 365 like that at Katrina. My Stihl 029 was getting dull and we were taking a big pine out of a storage building. An old timer had loaned us his saw to take to Katrina with us and one of the guys helping brought the Husky up to the roof where I was tied in. He passed it down and as soon as I throttled it up I knew something was real different. The word "Beast" jumped into my head. That saw had more raw power than any I had ever used.

I bet you'll love it.

Nice score!

That pin assembly can be upgraded. Give Greg a call

I called Greg Good and he's sending me a replacement pin for the unit.

Thanks Frans

HC

I think I'll hang on to it for a while guys. But if I do decide to sell it down the road, I'll give the TH members first dibs starting with Wesley!

I noticed that the stoper on the pig tail that prevents it from rotateing upwards had been busted off. Again, a simple fix, just didn't notice it before.

I called Greg Good again today & ordered the entire "Pig Tail" assembly and have to say that he's a real pleasant man to deal with.

Also suggested he check out the Tree House website some time because a number of our members use his GRCS's. So who knows, with any luck, we may be hearing from him soon.

HC

Attachments

• Tree Equipment June 2009.jpg
    Tree Equipment June 2009.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Also suggested he check out the Tree House website some time because a number of our members use his GRCS's. So who knows, with any luck, we may be hearing from him soon.

HC

I doubt it. The guy can hardly find time to take time off let alone hang out on tree forums.
He hardly posts at all on the buzz.

Ya, I got that impression also. If I recall, he was in Portland when I got a hold of him on his cell.

But in buisness, the more potential customers you can reach, the better!

Thats why I suggested the idea to him to check out the TH in this mannor...potential customers & admirers of his GRCS.

Nothing ventured nothing gained eh!

Bob

Oh yeah, meant to report that your bag made it without injury from around 170' with 100' of rope in it :).

Very true Gary, I had a lot of fun doing the bag thing. Thanks once again to the members here and at the old AS site, (who are now here at the TH)! ;)

Carl, Ya got to get some video of the next big air tosses man! I'd love to see that.

If you video something extream like that and show it here and the bag is damaged in any way, I'll send you one of my (Bag Lady) original bags!!!

It would still be very cool if Greg Good would visit the Tree House though!

Back