New knot guide

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
no.....conveniently the server just crashed right as i launched the site. At least i only sent out 12,000 emails announcing it :cry:

I do knot see anything yet. The server must knot be up yet.

What do you think about putting accompanying links of short youtube vids of each knot. I find it hard to follow the sequential pics.

I could see people getting into making vids for you and sharing the links on your website...

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do you think about putting accompanying links of short youtube vids of each knot. I find it hard to follow the sequential pics.

I could see people getting into making vids for you and sharing the links on your website...

love
nick

I did think of that originally. I'm not sure really that it would be any easier to follow than the slideshow really? I've learnt a bit about photographing knots from the first run, hopefully the second run will be better with more photos in each sequence

Great job Steve. I like how it"s a slide show or you can click on the individual steps.

From literature I've seen on the Machard it is a V.T. tied with a loop of cord or webbing. The hitch you show more often called an Autobloc. Perhaps it's more of a regional thing. I first saw it in Tree Climber's Companion.

I sometimes use the Spong with the modification of adding an another wrap on top. This makes it grab easily and doesn't bind up. I've used Beeline, OP, HRC and sometimes nylon cords on 16 strand rope.

Again beautiful job, I learned a few new (to me) hitches. Thanks for all your work.

Back