My New Toy

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 84
  • Views 7K
Handy, but those don't look like they would be as useful for moving brush and logs around as a mini excavator with a grappler. They make quick work of clean up, ala price difference I guess.
The swing is great for compiling brush.

One like in the photo, but with a grappler.

Little does anyone know Jerry was into rock stacking B4 he got into trees

Attachments

• rockgrappleJerryB.jpg
    rockgrappleJerryB.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bobcat Mini Loader UPDATE

Almost ready to put this little 3 banger Kubota back together. Had to order wrist pin clips; for some reason they didn't come with the new pistons, rods ,and wrist pins. :what: Here's a pic of the old pistons, you can see the scoring on them. This motor was SHOT! Caveat emptor.

Attachments

• HPIM0793.JPG
    HPIM0793.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 14
My gehl is for sale on e bay.
Its just not the right toy for all the rocks and hills here.
10700 is the least ill take.
Had one offer at 9k nope.
It needs new quick couplings.
I want another boxer 520.

Bad news here. :X I took my new mini to a mechanic because I didn't like the sound of the diesel engine. Turns out there is something knocking internally, can't tell what it is unless the motor is pulled and opened up. :what:

So I'm sending it back for a refund. :cry: What a hassle!

sounds like you got a taste of what i complained about when i bought my chip truck from the area north equip co (wesspur machine sales)
was it e bay or an equip dealer

i didnt get any refund or even an apology just stuck, when supposedly their mech. inspected it and all was well

hope you get some $ or parts or something towards your troubles, did ya have to travel far to get it?

good luck, hey after a few more jobs you can fix it and have a bad ass toy to use, sorry ya got burnt

It may have been discussed here before, a log arch can be a user friendly tool. I built this one outta the scrap pile. Only thing I bought for it ws the hitch reciever, and the new cable.

Attachments

• Log arch 004 (Small).jpg
    Log arch 004 (Small).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Log arch 003 (Small).jpg
    Log arch 003 (Small).jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Log arch 007 (Small).jpg
    Log arch 007 (Small).jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 61
The winch on the main pole can double as a poor man's GRCS, It was built out of truck frame, 7000lb 12:1 loader winch, and logging chain links. It is strapped to the tree using 2 rachet straps and work OK! I called it the "BRENT", not because of ego, it stands for Bastard Rigging Non Savable Tree.:lol:

Attachments

• THE BRENT 001 (Small).jpg
    THE BRENT 001 (Small).jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 60
  • THE BRENT 002 (Small).jpg
    THE BRENT 002 (Small).jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 60
Sorry for three in a row, rbtree forced me!:lol: This is the Hudson 30" Mill we bought last year, me being me, wasn't happy with bending over, messin' around moving it, and making it long enough to suit our needs, I fabed up a trailer. The grapple on th eskid-steer is also out of our shop!

Your all probably thinkin', "keep the fool away from the welder" RIGHT?:)

Attachments

• 2008_0218Febmill0007 (Medium).JPG
    2008_0218Febmill0007 (Medium).JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 4
I saw this little guy when I was at the Morbark dealer today. ...Pretty nice, and it has tracks, which is key around here.

Attachments

• Ramrod.jpg
    Ramrod.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 89
Back