My New Toy

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 84
  • Views 7K
Tree companies that never used one don't realize how much easier and faster a mini makes the job go. I have Gehl Advantage. It won't go through a 36" gate, being 40 inches wide, but it will run circles around a mini skid and not tear up lawns doing it.

A mini excavator with a grapple will be great for feeding the chipper, but it won't be faster than a mini skid for pulling bush. The travel speed on a mini ex is only about half that of a mini skid and about 1/4 that of my Gehl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bad news here. :X I took my new mini to a mechanic because I didn't like the sound of the diesel engine. Turns out there is something knocking internally, can't tell what it is unless the motor is pulled and opened up. :what:

So I'm sending it back for a refund. :cry: What a hassle!

That really sucks, Brett. I hope you can get a refund without too much hassle (who knows, he may have spent the money already).

Holler if you need somebody to make a road trip this winter to pick up a piece of equipment, especially if you buy something from a forum member. I've got plenty of time and will whore myself out as an erand runner/ delivery driver as long as I get to test drive the equipment. ;)

I spoke to him on the phone this morning and he sounded reasonable about refunding me. Time will tell, I suppose. I'm reluctant to send it back and end up without the mini AND the money! :roll:

It's going to Phoenix, AZ, but he's paying the freight. (At least that's what he said to me on the phone this morning) I'm going to get everything documented in e-mails before I send it back. I'm also covered by eBay's Buyer protection plan if he fails to hold up his end, but I'd rather not have to fight for my money.

I have Gehl Advantage. It won't go through a 36" gate, being 40 inches wide, but it will run circles around a mini skid and not tear up lawns doing it.

I agree. I've got a Boxer and it is sloooow turning.:what: If we want to speed things ups we must place 4'x4' plywood down. We then can drive straight, make a sharp turn on the plywood, and then drive straight again. But, it can get through a 36" gate with a 1000lb working capacity. ;)

I think I want to eventually have two machines. A mini skid steer for the tight access jobs and a mini loader for the other stuff. That would be sweet...

Jamin, I've seen skid steer operators that can wheelie the machine up on one axle in order to turn without tearing up the turf. Don't know if it's all that easy on a mini, but it's impressive watching somebody do it on a regular size Bobcat.

Skwerl, that is proper skid loader technique. I always say, if you've got all four wheels on the ground, somethings wrong.

But they do make quick work of the clean up, packing, dragging, loading... and at the end of the day you're not wore out.

I second that. The only muscles you need to use, to lift a 1000lb log, are your forearms and thumbs. 8)

Attachments

• Boxer Usage 100.JPG
    Boxer Usage 100.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 4
  • TREE REMOVAL 060.JPG
    TREE REMOVAL 060.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 5
Go ahead and tell Brendon the specs on your dump trailer.

I want a Boxer for the power also. Perhaps when I get this mini paid for. I didn't like the spring in the floor board, but it might grow on me.

Sounds like your pump and/or motor are getting weak. The pump should be easy to source. The motor might not be that hard either.

I have considered buying a second loader like the gehl. The boxer 732. I haven't used my bobcat but 3 times on jobs, since I got the mini. There are jobs where I could have gotten the A300 to the work but that would be an extra trip back for the machine.

Carl, I think he is referring to long sweeping turns to prevent tearing the grass. Sure would be nice to have smooth turf tracks.

It looks similar to mine 12'. How long is it Jamin? Mine is a Mirage seems very sturdy so far. It's a cheap way to haul wood compared to investing in a proper log truck.

Bad news here. :X I took my new mini to a mechanic because I didn't like the sound of the diesel engine. Turns out there is something knocking internally, can't tell what it is unless the motor is pulled and opened up. :what:

So I'm sending it back for a refund. :cry: What a hassle!

Bummer on the MT man, hope you get your cash back. I hate selling and buying lolng distance. Someone told me Confucious says "Don't buy anything you cannot touch" He couldn't imagine Ebay

Not sure what you paid but the new little Boxer 320 is a hell of a ride on 35" machine, Excellant specs, for 13.5K plus they have Zero financing & 3 yr guarantee.

Jamin thanks for the Boxer BMG pics for my mini loader in action archives.

Attachments

• Boxer320BMG.jpg
    Boxer320BMG.jpg
    1,022.1 KB · Views: 11
Back