MS200t.....off the market?

No_Bivy

Treehouser
One of the local dealers says they will be gone in the next year or so....I call BS. Anyone have the inside story? I know regs are making manuf. clean up emmissions, but I cant see stihl replacing this model.:/:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
really? I guess I'll buy a couple more:D

Yeah supposedly they're getting "rid" of all their models swapping them out for the new 441 engine design. Even the 361 is going away in favor of some other 60cc saw. So the 200T will be phased out, and there'll be another top handle to take it's place. At least that's been the word on the street for the last several months. I think by '09 they said most of the current line will be gone, 361, 660, 200T, etc...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
why do they want to fock up a good thing..........will the new one be better, or just a bunch of hype with better emmisions?

There is no market to make the saw better. The only incentive for change is the legal need to reduce emissions. If the saw has 30% less power and burns up in a year, then that's ok as long as the emissions meet standards. :roll:

Hmm, anyone here anymore about this please keep us all updated with the saw gossip. If it's so I'll be stocking up myself.

i can assure you...........

no manufacturer wants to "fock" up a good thing.this is all the EnvironmentalProstitutionAgency's doing.they require these lean running peices of garbage by 2010.

we all must suffer so the hollywood do gooders and Wash DCites can run around in their gas guzzling convoys and private jets.

don't you feel better now that you are compromising your life style so they don't have to compromise on theirs?

When I was at Northeast Stihl last year, I asked he head of product development for Stihl-USA about this.
There will be new saws coming, soon. The 362, 661, 461, etc etc.

The 200T will be phased out but not until 2011 or so. This will be the last saw they mess with and will be sure it comes back better than it is now.

They will also be releasing a new climbing saw next year to compete with Shindaiwa, and Redmax new climbing saw. The entire saw will be small enough to fit in the "frame" of a 192T!!! It will be called the ultra light or something to that effect.

They did good with the 441, so hopefully they will do right with the new pro saws. They will also be testing the new electronic carbs, while Husky will have its fuel injected saws out by summer/fall.

I don't think they would put out a dud, they can't afford to really. If they put out a dud and it doesn't sell, they they don't make any money, and they are all about making money :D

exactly Gary!

Kinda like when Husqvarna "discontinued" the 372XP... 5 times or so. :what:

Gary

will see what happens this time.the new 575xp better be a lot better than the last.the 372 is my favorite saw and i have considered loading up the attic with them.

i'm not trashing the manufacturers here.i love the ms200.it is an excellent saw and i have one.

the manufacturers are in a tough spot.the EPA isn't buying the saws,we are.ultimately we should be the ones they have to please.not a bunch of hypocrits.

i'm already hearing nightmares with the new choked out diesels engines for this year.i'm curious to see how this all pans out.

When I was at Northeast Stihl last year, I asked he head of product development for Stihl-USA about this.
There will be new saws coming, soon. The 362, 661, 461, etc etc.

The 200T will be phased out but not until 2011 or so. This will be the last saw they mess with and will be sure it comes back better than it is now.

They will also be releasing a new climbing saw next year to compete with Shindaiwa, and Redmax new climbing saw. The entire saw will be small enough to fit in the "frame" of a 192T!!! It will be called the ultra light or something to that effect.

They did good with the 441, so hopefully they will do right with the new pro saws. They will also be testing the new electronic carbs, while Husky will have its fuel injected saws out by summer/fall.

Thanks, this is good to know or at least it sounds like it.

Lakeside just said it's due by 2010, so it is going to happen for sure!!
That is about the best source I can give you.

I wonder if I'll ever run a fuel injected Husky. Holy smack down batman thats smoking!

we all must suffer so the hollywood do gooders and Wash DCites can run around in their gas guzzling convoys and private jets.

don't you feel better now that you are compromising your life style so they don't have to compromise on theirs?

You think they would actually pass a law that affected them?:X

Back