MS200t.....off the market?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Somebody stuck it in the wrong category for whatever reason. Maybe they don't want to sell too many of them? They're really a specialty saw and might end up causing liability issues if they were more widely available. Who knows? :?

I love mine.....on the ground or in a tree

That little thing is an 011,the only one I've ever seen as a matter of fact . I don't know much about it .It most likley is a trim the apple tree in that back yard type saw .

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 68
That looks like the predecessor to the 008 and 009, which was my dad's tree saw. I liked them, but the anti-vibration on them sucks.

I had some little orange contraption a few years back 010-012 something .That thing had an itty bitty reed in it about the size of a nickle rather than be a piston port design .It cut okay too for a little saw .

My mother has an 011, I think it's an AV. Seems to barely have enough power to spin the chain, might need a carb kit and tuneup by now, however.

I have an 011 in the tertiary lineup. I have trimmed a few apple trees with it-and even carried it up a couple of big trees. A 41cc saw, it has fair performance but not the raw speed of a 200. Lousy balance for climbing use also.

I have no idea where that little Stihl saw ever came from .Maybe somebody owed the present owner some money or something .A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush they say .

Well,whatever .You might get satisfaction of taking owed money out of somebodies hide but that will just land you in the pokey . Fact is I've ended up with a few saws for that very same reason :(

As far as the 200t leaving the market, I asked one of the Stihl reps about this at the expo. He said the saw is not leaving the market any time soon and should be around for the next 5 years. Hope its true.

He also said the 362 will be the next saw on the market. And some of those bad ass chainsaw proof pants that are only offered in Europe may be making there way here soon, they have to pass testing.

Back