MS200t.....off the market?

I bought a 192T Friday, used it yesterday. Going to play with it after it breaks in to see what it can do.

First impression is that it has a tiny fuel tank. Second impression is the exhaust port is 3.5x bigger than the muffler's exhaust port, bound to be some gains to be had.

Got it for $320 and some pennies out the door with a 12" bar, 2 screnches, tuning screw driver, a "2 gallon
" bottle of 2 cycle mix, and 7% sales tax.

The 192 responds well to a muffler mod, I did a thread at AS about doing mine Carl.
It's never going to be a 200t though.

I'll just stick to my old 044 climbing saw w/24" bar. Works for me ! No need to change saws, fast cuttin on small limbs ! Good for block'n dwn or fellin !:D

I bought a 192T Friday, used it yesterday. Going to play with it after it breaks in to see what it can do.

First impression is that it has a tiny fuel tank. Second impression is the exhaust port is 3.5x bigger than the muffler's exhaust port, bound to be some gains to be had.

It'll be at least 20-30% faster with the muff opened up.

My 2139T was 40% faster!! That gain seemed mighty big....reckon I could switch to a stock muffler for more tests..but that takes a wrench....

check out the video-- www.youtube.com/rbtree

Yup, Husky cut off Bailey's at the beginning of the year for selling too many saws too cheap online. Those are the 75cc jugs on those saws and they've been tweaked/massaged slightly. That's why they are so pricey. :(

thatis a great saw,no doubt.

Anyone use one of these before?

my buddy hasone.got it new but like new from an old timer for $250.

if i had to buy it at new prices,i'd buy a 346xp NE instead.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup, Husky cut off Bailey's at the beginning of the year for selling too many saws too cheap online. Those are the 75cc jugs on those saws and they've been tweaked/massaged slightly. That's why they are so pricey. :(

wonder if parts will be an issue...

Funny, I was looking at the new Baileys catalog and saw a Univent chainsaw that looked very, very much like a 372. Anyone see this?

Greg told me it's essentially been woods ported. If done to similar specs as many good saw builders, it's putting out 40% more power.....or cutting 40% faster....whateva......

I was looking at the online Stihl catalog, and it no longer shows the rear handled 200, is it history?

Interesting, I wonder why they've moved it to the "Occasional User" section? I'd have thought there would be saws cheaper and better suited to the occasional user.

I don't think the rear handle 200 was ever intended to be a "treemans" saw .Just like the 200T was never intended to be a saw for the occasional user and the price reflects that fact .

It's just a little rear handle ,trim the apple tree type thing . Actually I have something similar in the shed 019 maybe ?? I'll have to look at it again .

There's nothing similar about the performance between an MS200 and an 019, except maybe that they are both chainsaws. :lol:

I forgot the number on that thing again .Whatever it is it doesn't run too bad for a little saw .I don't even know why it's out in my shed because I can't find a thing wrong with it .:? It's not mine of course .

I'm just thinking that the MS200 must be over $500, seeing as it's an MS200T with a rear handle. Now if I was an occasional user, I'd plunk down the money for an MS260 PRO, which must be cheaper, and more of a conventional design, or even a "real homeowner" model and save a few bucks. Just thinking out loud here.

Somebody stuck it in the wrong category for whatever reason. Maybe they don't want to sell too many of them? They're really a specialty saw and might end up causing liability issues if they were more widely available. Who knows? :?

Back