MS200t.....off the market?

I got 4 MS200Ts. One in use, 1 on the job spare, and 2 on the shelf. I think I'm covered until I fully retire in 5 years or so. The local Stihl dealer has the 361 with a 20 inch bar on sale for $534. Don't know if that is a good deal or not, I'm tempted to pick it up, but right now my 039 is running real strong.

I got 4 MS200Ts. One in use, 1 on the job spare, and 2 on the shelf. I think I'm covered until I fully retire in 5 years or so. The local Stihl dealer has the 361 with a 20 inch bar on sale for $534. Don't know if that is a good deal or not, I'm tempted to pick it up, but right now my 039 is running real strong.

I would say thats a good deal. Over here we sell that saw for $599.95 plus tax.

The local Stihl dealer has the 361 with a 20 inch bar on sale for $534. Don't know if that is a good deal or not, I'm tempted to pick it up, but right now my 039 is running real strong.

Yes it is! Have you ever run a 361? Day and night better next to a 361. They're only the same hp on paper. The 361 weighs less, has better power and is better on the hands. Go buy it!

The 361 is a really nice saw. I don't think you'd be at all disappointed with it Wesley.

I'm curious how many of you 200 fans have purchased more than 3 of them in te last five years? I've bought over thirty, either for myself or crewmembers. This includes 6 that were still 020's. The 020's were problem free. ALL of the 200's were leaned out just this side of a seize. For 500-600 dollars thats bullshit. Now a 200 lists for 629.00 Thats quite a chunk of change for a saw that has been bypassed by technology in saw design, and the cutthroat pricks at Stihl USA chose to keep leaning a saw out to meet the EPA requirements instead of coming up with a new design.
Out of 30 odd 200's ONLY 6 saws ran good. The rest had hesitation on the transfer, high jet was way too lean, crank seals that go fast, etc.

All I can say is its about f%$@&$ time. :evil: A new top handle from Stihl I look forward to it.

Yeah, that sounds about right, Steve. No matter what I did the saw would hesitate when I needed it to act fast and trip a cut that was about to pull wood. Talk about the hesitation blues.

Great saw except for that. I wonder why one would and not the other?

Yeah, that sounds about right, Steve. No matter what I did the saw would hesitate when I needed it to act fast and trip a cut that was about to pull wood. Talk about the hesitation blues.

Great saw except for that. I wonder why one would and not the other?
They had a bunch of junk Zama carbs on them.They developed cracks in the area around the diaphragm and sucked air.From what I gather Stihl never stood behind them because they are so called pro saws.

I've got one that was shipped to me from Australia that I analized and found the problem.Seemed funny because that carb had been rebuilt a number of times yet nobody saw the crack. Eagle eye Smith,at your service .:lol:

i understand where you are coming from but.

I'm curious how many of you 200 fans have purchased more than 3 of them in te last five years? I've bought over thirty, either for myself or crewmembers. This includes 6 that were still 020's. The 020's were problem free. ALL of the 200's were leaned out just this side of a seize. For 500-600 dollars thats bullshit. Now a 200 lists for 629.00 Thats quite a chunk of change for a saw that has been bypassed by technology in saw design, and the cutthroat pricks at Stihl USA chose to keep leaning a saw out to meet the EPA requirements instead of coming up with a new design.
Out of 30 odd 200's ONLY 6 saws ran good. The rest had hesitation on the transfer, high jet was way too lean, crank seals that go fast, etc.

All I can say is its about f%$@&$ time. :evil: A new top handle from Stihl I look forward to it.

seems like the only way anything is going to meet the EPA standards is if it's running lean.no matter how modern or high tech,everything needs to be lean and choked out and running hot.government just needs to make themselves sound necessary.no one ever said their ideas worked.i can't think of one of their ideas that has worked in at least 50 years.i don't see a change in the near future.

yeah,that was bright.

When the word gets out about banning guns..... Sales soar.

Los Angeles has a new plan.they say keep your guns,we'll ban ammo.they are working on banning reloading supplies.

hey Johnny,let's smoke some meth tonight.

Sorry i can't tonight,i have to reload a couple hundred rounds for the drive by that is scheduled for tomorrow.

the politicians are so smart.i'm glad they are there to protect me.:lol:

I'm curious how many of you 200 fans have purchased more than 3 of them in the last five years? ... The 020's were problem free. ALL of the 200's were leaned out just this side of a seize....

All of mine seems to run good, but I think the newest one is probably at least 4 years old [plus whatever time it was sitting in the dealer's stock room]. My everyday work saw is actually a 020T, but it has a pull starter case that says MS200T. The 200s are so expensive that most tree companies here [except for the owner/operator type companies] buy Echo's or 192s for the crew.

I have never run a 361, but you guys convinced me to go pick it up.

I'm looking forward to a fuel injected chainsaw. Way better than a carburator.

Steve, I have one...but it isn't true fuel injection-it is looped throttle body injection for starting with normal carburation to run-Dolmar 120si. It is the cuttingest 68 cc saw I have ever run. In fact nothing under 80 ccs has ever come close and the big boys only get compettive in big wood. I don't know where all the gains come from but a bunch is supposedly linked to better airflow due to elimination of the choke butterfly.

i had my carb changed as well but it was sucking air throught the crank seals.guy that worked on it had the carb so he through it on.he also replaced my coil.seems the plug wire was arching out on the oil pump and it burnt up the aluminum pretty good.i still love the saw and it's worth fixing all day.i bought the saw used of ebay and it had all these issues.i trade out some tree work for the repairs.if it was money out of pocket,even for just the parts and me doing the labor,i think it would have been cheaper to buy the saw new.i've gotten some good prices from a couple dealers so i may pick up another real soon.

If I were the maker of the 200T, I would wait 5 yrs. then put out notice (unofficially) that I was taking it off the market.

Steve, I have one...but it isn't true fuel injection-it is looped throttle body injection for starting with normal carburation to run-Dolmar 120si. It is the cuttingest 68 cc saw I have ever run. In fact nothing under 80 ccs has ever come close and the big boys only get compettive in big wood. I don't know where all the gains come from but a bunch is supposedly linked to better airflow due to elimination of the choke butterfly.

Fuel injection made huge difference in the performance of cars. I had a 1978 chevy pickup with a 350 which got 12 mpg and had 180 hp, my next pickup was a 1989 chevy with the same motor and throttle body injection, 220 hp and 15 mpg.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anyone use one of these before?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thats what I was thinking...nice and light

Ive got one.

It is a good ground saw. 16" b/c on it. If your going to climb with it I would just soon have a top handle... If i need a bigger saw then give me something bigger.

Sadly i never use it, smallest saw I like to use on the ground is a 440/460. too much bending over with the little saws.

I think Ill go out and start mine today, haven't started it in several months.

Sadly i never use it, smallest saw I like to use on the ground is a 440/460. too much bending over with the little saws.

True, but I'm thinking more like a good saw for a groundie to grab for a couple quick cuts. If I had a lotta limbing to do I'd like a longer bar, too.

Back