MS200T falls off the throne

rbtree

Climbing Up
Sorry to bust your bigballz, all you chainsaw nerds who think the 200is the baddest climb saw out there........

but we have a new king of the hill..

Disclaimer, this isn't a fair test. not same chain, and the 200 chain is old and hangng up in the cut.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDIjltRlFXg"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDIjltRlFXg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Highly suspect to me?:P So a 2 inch longer bar and cutting crooked and barely slower, I dunno?:D

Oh and the 200 is old? How old?

So the fresh, broken in Jonny with a dual port muffler and a sharp chain beat, by less than 2 seconds, a tired 200T with a pulled spark arrestor and a chain made for cutting around corners.

Yep, I'm convinced! :D

Jonsered is a Husky saw under a different name. Both owned by Electrolux.

Sorry, Roger. I don't think you've proven anything. My 200T with a new chain will blow away my Husky 272 with a dull chain. So what?!?! :?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
blablablah....

you 200t lovers sure do get your panties in a wad awful quick, dontcha....:cry:

I told you guys the test wasn't perfect.

But also, Y'all ought know that my old 335 was a proven 200T killer...and was for 3 years!

Take that! :P

The 2139 has a lot more torque as well

I think I have more experience with Husky climb saws than the lot of youse guys....and overall, more time on saws--going on 36 yrs....and surely, you know that I like the Stihl! :)

Sorry, Roger. I don't think you've proven anything. My 200T with a new chain will blow away my Husky 272 with a dull chain. So what?!?! :?

that 200 chain was real sharp..it just has issues....till it started hnging up, it was moving right along......pffssst...

nice pics of all the climbers you have. whats that on there sides? i see 200t tearing that tree a new one. :P

I thought the lanyard on the Jonsy was kind of cool.

After you have put some long hard tree hours on that saw let us know what you think about it. I for one would be interested to see if it holds up like a 200.

Personally I am not a Elux - Husky - J-red fan.

I recently added a running J-red 630 super to my collection. This would be the first so called pro model of Elux saws I have tried. I must say it is a good saw in the things the matter the most to me and might change my opinion about the Elux line of pro Husky and Jonsered.

I watched the vid also it was almost a tie from what I could see. Sorry, RB just don't see what the big deal is.

A 200 is still king. Parts for any Husky or J-red would be a bear to get around here.

RB, I don't know why you even took the time to post this. You said yourself it wasn't a fair test. Are you just trying to stir up trouble, whorr wut?

RB, I don't know why you even took the time to post this. You said yourself it wasn't a fair test. Are you just trying to stir up trouble, whorr wut?

And whats wrong with that anyway?

I enjoyed watching it. :P

Funny you should mention the 335 and the 200 because I have both of them in my shop .The 200 is going to get a work over/soup up ,the 335 has the most pizz poor oiler I've ever seen on a saw except a Homey xl-2 .

The thing is that even if the Jonsered is a mite faster, the Stihl is so much better balanced, that it more than makes up for it.
Of course, for all those politically correct people, who'd never even dream of running it one handed, that is not going to matter, but for onehanders like myself, a saw that is as noseheavy as the Jons, is just too hard on the forearms.
And no, it is not lack of saw experience that makes me prefer Stihl, I've run most of the brands over the 33 years I've been logging and climbing, and finally got wise enuogh to stick with Stihl.
( I know, you've got 3 years on me..............big deal!)

The thing is that even if the Jonsered is a mite faster, the Stihl is so much better balanced, that it more than makes up for it.
Of course, for all those politically correct people, who'd never even dream of running it one handed, that is not going to matter, but for onehanders like myself, a saw that is as noseheavy as the Jons, is just too hard on the forearms.
And no, it is not lack of saw experience that makes me prefer Stihl, I've run most of the brands over the 33 years I've been logging and climbing, and finally got wise enuogh to stick with Stihl.
( I know, you've got 3 years on me..............big deal!)

Sure, the 200 is a tad better balanced, but that also means it has a couple inches less reach. Trade off., imo. And the 338/2139 is better shaped for movement through the canopy, and has a better saw attachment. I have no problem holding the 2139 out at arms' length...though for cutting sideways, I sure prefer the ported 192T!!

Al, the oiler issue has long since beens solved. Only thing wrong now is that stupid muffler that blows the exhaust on your hand....but that is alleviated by adding a second port. Also, the front filter means it dirties up pretty quickly. But the 200 needs cleaning often as well.

Then there's the price issue. My contact, spike60, from AS, sold me the saw for $350! Don't think I'll be getting any more 200T's!!

Al, the oiler issue has long since beens solved. Only thing wrong now is that stupid muffler that blows the exhaust on your hand....but that is alleviated by adding a second port. Also, the front filter means it dirties up pretty quickly. But the 200 needs cleaning often as well.
What did they do to fix it .I had three of those little screamers sitting on the bench at one time recently .On one I replaced the pump shaft,which cleared up the problem .One I rebuilt the carb and the third one doesn't oil at all .Too bad because the little rascals do scoot although they do try to roast your hand .

I don't think the guy wants it back so I might soup this little rascal up too if I can get it to oil .;)

I don't know what's come over me lately .For some reason I just love to make little saws into screamers .:?

As for the price issue, over here they cost about the same.
Something I wonder about, have prices on imports such as saws gone up lately in the US on account of the really low exchange rate for US$??
I mean, the importers get less for their $ and that has to make each item cost more in the end, or is there so fierce market competition that the importers just suck up the loss in order to be competitive.
I parallelimport all my sawchain, lube, stumpgrinder teeth etc. from the US ( Bailey's) and because of the exchange rate I get it for less than ½ of what I'd have to pay here. Somehow I'd think it would work the opposite way for goods imported into the US.

That Jonsey is nothing more than a red Husky.

Both junk.

Ill keep my real saw thanks.

As for the price issue, over here they cost about the same.
Something I wonder about, have prices on imports such as saws gone up lately in the US on account of the really low exchange rate for US$??
I mean, the importers get less for their $ and that has to make each item cost more in the end, or is there so fierce market competition that the importers just suck up the loss in order to be competitive.
I parallelimport all my sawchain, lube, stumpgrinder teeth etc. from the US ( Bailey's) and because of the exchange rate I get it for less than ½ of what I'd have to pay here. Somehow I'd think it would work the opposite way for goods imported into the US.

Yes our current presidunt through ineptitude has pulled the rug from under our once proud nation.

Back