MS200 rear handle or MS260 Pro

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Larry, my owners manual says to change the carb heater baffle over to heat side when the temp is below 50 degrees F. Surprised me...that's not very cold. So you might try that.

Fatten up the low speed just an RCH Larry . That should do the trick .

Just about any saw you do some muffler work on,if you have done so ,they need some more gas at idle because of less back pressure .

I don't like that filter at all. You can't really bang it clean, you need to blast it with air to do anything WAS. Hmmmm.

Great pics, B - thanks.

I guess there isn't a 'lil clip gizmo for attaching to a saddle?

Wonder how the 200 would respond to a full blown modification, have not heard any results of one. I guess that folks are satisfied with the stock power. Assuming the squish to be OK, I'm betting that simply eliminating the base gasket would up the amps, and be an easy thing to do. Can always go back to stock then, if need be for some reason.

I'm going to tweek this one but the results won't be on the net until about the first of May . We run them off in late April so I'll put it on after that .

As of yet I've done nothing,no port map to port timing check just played with the muffler a tad .

Hard to say how much they can be improved, you never know until you try .

I miss John. :(

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GQHVHDxUJHQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GQHVHDxUJHQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MB, which link embeds like you did the video? I see it now, says embed :)

Larry, my owners manual says to change the carb heater baffle over to heat side when the temp is below 50 degrees F. Surprised me...that's not very cold. So you might try that.

Well shoot I never knew that. Drr :|: Of course I haven't read my manuel. I'll have to look and see if I have one.

Well I found mine. Here it is on page 34 for winter operation. I never knew that little part was some kind of shutter:O. I do know this is I have cussed that little part more than once when I have to take a carb out or out on a job because it would be so easy to lose. I thought that little part was some kind of keeper for that cover that goes over the carb screws so it stays in place.

Learn something new every day. Thanks Burnham. Might have to wait till next winter though.

Gypo Logger has a woods ported 020 that ran pretty good.
It was that little saw plus the one big Dave had that got me interested in tweeking micro saws . My mini Mac was the first results .

I don't think John did much to it,maybe pulled the base gasket .That of course wouldn't do anything for the speed but likely would give it more torque . Never the less whatever was done that little rascal would scoot .

Some rpm increase along with torque, seems ideal. Wish I could offer to tweak the saws, but obviously too far away here to make it practical. The post office eliminated surface shipping, and overseas packages from the US to me doubled....then getting it back would run around $200 in total.

That small of a bore would require some special tooling to do a complete job.

On a little tiny engine like that a person would have to be pretty accurate .

As short of throw as they have a little too much removed on a port could change the numbers drastically . I wouldn't think a high port job would be beneficial because it's too tiny to build up much torque by inertia of higher speed .

It's all just speculation on my part,thinking or rather typing out loud ,so to speak . One thing is for certain though ,I'll have to get my calculator out for this one .;)

I stopped by the local Stihl dealer today to ask about the rear handle 200. They said, "There IS no rear handle 200." :roll: I had to educate them. :D They made a call then told me its a special order item, $579. So, I ordered one and also picked up a 192T for the hired help. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I'm tellin' ya, I really like this 200 rear handle. I cut quite a bit with it this last week in the rigging workshop, and it's just the cat's meow. I think it runs stronger than my 200T, and it's pulling a 16" bar, too. No clear reason it should be stronger, as the powerhead is the same, but the air filter/carb arrangement is somewhat different, so maybe there is something there.

I even used it to fell a few 20-24 inch dbh Oregon ash trees and a similar sized western white pine...Stig would have been proud of me!

I love the light weight...awesome little machine.

I even used it to fell a few 20-24 inch dbh Oregon ash trees and a similar sized western white pine...Stig would have been proud of me!

So I guess you can teach an old dog a new trick:lol:

Back