Echo rear-handle electric, charger, 5AH battery, plus free extra 2.5 AH battery, $300

Here's a direct link to the product...

You have to click on the 'Free gift with purchase' button(?) to see the free battery.

That does look like a pretty good deal. I'm almost tempted to buy one as a truck saw, but it would have to go in the cab.

@lxskllr John, have you considered getting one or more locking bed or siderail mount equipment boxes for your truck? I wouldn't have been able to do my work without such on my USFS rigs. Leaves the bed open for normal uses.

I used a pair like these. I moved them from one truck to the next, and they lasted for over 15 years until I retired without leakage or any other issues. Hard duty...loaded heavy and run on plenty of rough roads.

Pics here...

Spendy. I wouldn't put that kind of money into the current truck, but maybe the next one. I'll have to see what I end up with. I don't really like crew cab trucks, but there's a lot of them out there. I've been thinking I might be able to live with one if I removed the rear seats and put in storage boxes. That would take care of a lot of my dry/secure storage needs.

They are pretty pricy. But as I did, you can move them from truck to truck as you get a new one...they are only specific as to length, really...long bed model won't be right for short bed, though short bed fits fine on a long bed truck.

I have both the 2500t and the DCS5000. The rear handle battery saw is not something I would buy again. Save your money for a better saw. It's very much a homeowner saw.

The 2500t is great and is a professional saw. It's my main climbing saw since most of my work is pruning. The 2.5 ah battery fits in the 2500t. The 5 ah battery does not.

I also have the Echo DPAS2600 and the 5 ah battery fits in it. I use the hedge trimmer, pole chainsaw, and the string trimmer but only at my house. It is very powerful and I am quite happy with it.

Back