Morbark ChipSafe

I think chip safe is for companies that hire morons or don't train their people.

AP140.jpg

I think it would be great for municipalities, where they are not necessarily doing this work everyday.

We just broke that shovel yesterday Willie... With the feed wheels of course.

Fred how's the blisters?!??

I think the chip safe IDEA is swell...but the implementation is awkward. Maybe they're thinking "if a limb snags your foot and starts pulling you in, you're screwed...unless you have chipsafe."

The chip safe panel looks like it will snag and hang up so much brush that operators may jump in head first after awhile.

My groundies lose to many pairs of gloves to deal with those ones. The company would be bankrupt replacing gloves. A few of the guys are used to ankle bracelets though:lol:

Fred how's the blisters?!??

I think the chip safe IDEA is swell...but the implementation is awkward. Maybe they're thinking "if a limb snags your foot and starts pulling you in, you're screwed...unless you have chipsafe."
A little tea tree oil and some witchhazel and I was back in business after popping them. How's LA treating you?

My groundies lose to many pairs of gloves to deal with those ones. The company would be bankrupt replacing gloves. A few of the guys are used to ankle bracelets though:lol:

:lol:

I think it would be great for municipalities, where they are not necessarily doing this work everyday.

We just broke that shovel yesterday Willie... With the feed wheels of course.
Haha, yeah, I've lost 2 over the years. Better than hands and feet ;)

Gloves seem impractical.
Bracelets for wrists is my thought
Not ankles.
I'll let you know how I like it.
I have at least one worker who is seasoned, (not a "moron" Willie ; ) but I think it just might save him.
Thing is he's been scaring me for years reaching in there too far.
Plus, might be my imagination, but the new 15rx throat seems closer to the operator than ever.
I'm hoping the thing will annoy them (stopping feed wheel often) enough to hone their shovel grabbing skills.

Gloves seem impractical.
Bracelets for wrists is my thought
Not ankles.
I'll let you know how I like it.
I have at least one worker who is seasoned, (not a "moron" Willie ; ) but I think it just might save him.
Thing is he's been scaring me for years reaching in there too far.
Plus, might be my imagination, but the new 15rx throat seems closer to the operator than ever.
I'm hoping the thing will annoy them (stopping feed wheel often) enough to hone their shovel grabbing skills.
I suppose there may be some middle ground:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The more convenient, the more frequently it will be used. Can you mount it on the outside of the feed chute?

I'd call a push stick/ shovel PPE, really. And with PPE, the easier it is to use, the more it gets used.

I'd call a push stick/ shovel PPE, really. And with PPE, the easier it is to use, the more it gets used.

Yes. And with Chip-Safe that PPE will be more vital to function. Which may save someone. Don't get me wrong, I hate a lot of nanny type manipulation but these guys scare me the way they get so comfortable with their hands in the in feed.

I'm training a new climber and as unbelievable as it may sound I am dissuading him from one hand chainsaw use. I want him to get better at work positioning and rigging before he goes straight into climbing and using one hand on the saw. If I don't say anything to him he one-hands like mad but he doesn't have a lot of experience.
I feel like one handing is not something that should be categorically disallowed but that there should be a merit badge for earning it.
This guy is a good listener and appreciates mentorship and I think he will actually take the constructive criticism well and become a better climber as a result of my leading.
Who am I? What am I becoming? LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One-handing is productive, but can clearly lead to repetitive strain injuries, regardless of sinking the saw into flesh.

That's a good plan, get him to be a better climber to not need to one-hand it safely, then be able to, if desired.

If I one-hand my 200t, my arm/ wrist gets bothered. Not so much with the 192t. I hope for a 150t this winter.

Back