Merry Christmas!!!!

You probably don't need the info from Wiki, but, fwiw...

In the Swiss canton of Valais, raclette is typically served with tea or other warm beverages. Another popular option is to serve raclette with white wine, such as the traditional Savoy wine or Fendant, but Riesling and Pinot gris are also common. Local tradition cautions that other drinks – water for example – will cause the cheese to harden in the stomach, leading to indigestion.

Damn that water, supposed to be so good for you.

When I complain of over eating Raclette ( Or fondue for that matter) my wife always tells me I need to drink Schnapps.
Another fine old Swiss tradition that avoids water.

I suppose there are worse things to be weak over. Cheese aint such a bad thing.

I would be glad to send you a recipe Stig. Before I do however, it has cream of Chicken soup in it. Would that be a deal breaker?

You could do some substituting to your tastes.

I can work my way around the chickens, Jim.

As for carrots, I don't even belive in the free range principle.
The only ones I eat, are the truly wild carrots, killed when their time is ripe, when they are old and sated of life and the idea of romping the green hills of Denmark no longer has any appeal to them.
We have government trained carrot snipers, in order to assure that they have absolutely no feeling of their impending death. ( For the gun freaks out there: They use a .17 mm round and snip the top off. Fast and painless)

It is so cute that you like to turn me into this politically correct, peace, love and whatever-hood person, just because I don't like meat, when the fact is that I probably have less qualms about killing my fellow man than most, if not all of you.

Love it:lol:

Last edited:
Well... Lost a preggy goat last night. Her and the kids did not make it. Made for kind of a downer in the evening. Made for a frozen land fill visit after thawing ramps, trailer and mini this morning.
Guess I know what Katy is getting for her Birthday........

Happy ho ho!
Reg, I'm not meant to sit around either, put the ham on the grill and went to the yard to haul wood home for the father in laws new place. Then fixed door seals on the 550 etc.
Cutting board is a Christmas gift

You did good Willie. Only 3 of us here so it's not so easy to slip away unnoticed. We did get out today, icy cold.

If there's a good thing to having forced time off, it's that I realise that I'm fortunate to be physically able to work and do all the things I want. Being able bodied is so easy to take for granted. 2015-12-26 14.13.50.jpg

No, Stig. You got it all wrong.

The idea of you going down to the store on your little bitty Russian moto scooter to buy some lavender and mint for your mushroom risotto, is totally manly. I mean, thats really hairy chested stuff.

Sorry Jim but after reading your reply to Stig I have a scene from Dumb and Dumber stuck in my head. Not that I know what Stig looks like but I'm picturing a big Monty Python lumberjack on a Vespa eating carrots saying "I get seventy miles to the gallon on this hog". I apologize Stig. I can't help the things that pop into my head.

darn...hard lesson. Sorry Stephen.

Reg, Great pic. And yep, easy to take for granted but can leave you instantly...appreciated while ya got it.:)

Sorry Jim but after reading your reply to Stig I have a scene from Dumb and Dumber stuck in my head. Not that I know what Stig looks like but I'm picturing a big Monty Python lumberjack on a Vespa eating carrots saying "I get seventy miles to the gallon on this hog". I apologize Stig. I can't help the things that pop into my head.

With you and Jim, I've no chance of winning.:lol:

You did good Willie. Only 3 of us here so it's not so easy to slip away unnoticed. We did get out today, icy cold.

If there's a good thing to having forced time off, it's that I realise that I'm fortunate to be physically able to work and do all the things I want. Being able bodied is so easy to take for granted.View attachment 66224
I know I do, hard to imagine being cooped up with no way to do things by myself.
My buddies dad broke his leg while out fishing. Old guy that refused to have a cell phone, crawled up the steep bank, into his truck and drove to town only to be flown from the coast to here to get a metal rod put in his leg. 2 weeks later his wife started taking him to an easy spot on the river in his wheel chair and then walker to fish! That's true love

I got a cool Christmas gift yesterday. Last time my father in law was over I asked him about the Williams Tartan. He said there was a family tartan and it was still available. I asked him if he could get me a tie in Williams tartan, so he sent me one. Its made of wool and was woven in Wales. Its really cool, feels old fashioned. I told the old lady that I want to be buried in this tie.

Now all I have to do is learn how to tie it!

Back