Make sure and train you new hires!

Subs can't use the other business' equipment here.

That kid was an employee. That guy sounds to be the typical schmoe that gives tree workers a bad name.

I'm as much of a fan of angry mob justice as the next man, but maybe we should put the pitchforks away until there's been an enquiry.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 21
I'd take a French guillotine death over feet first into a 1500 hydro feed chipper any day....

Jomo

Which has exactly what bearing on the present discussion?

It indicates that simply investigating Crawford's not going to help prevent these horrific on the job deaths one little bit.

TCIA's the organization that needs to be investigated ASAP IMO.

They're the ones stating solo operation of WTC's an acceptable tree industry practice, and I've got the emails from Gerstenberger himself to prove it.

Funny how Morbark's changed their tune, yet TCIA insists that properly trained chipper ops don't make mistakes on the job!

Enabling this BS's not the same as taking common sense steps to help prevent it, IME.

Jomo

Tree Care Industry Association TCIA, formerly the National Arborist Association, founded and ran by the late great Bob Felix, a tree industry Titan, whom I miss sorely.

Whole Tree Chipper, WTC. Hydraulically fed disc n mandrel chippers, capable of chipping entire trees whole.

Jomo

Any hydraulically fed chipper over a 10 inch capacity IMO.

So if you were a two man utiliy ROW crew? You'd need a BC 1000 to be out of the WTC class and feed it solo, IME.

Note that Morbark provides chip safe retrofits even on their 8 inch capacity chippers.

Jmo

Back