LUCAS OIL 2-CYCLE OIL

Dh1984

TreeHouser
has anyone used this stuff? i bought it at .99 a bottle and it mixes 2 gallon at 40-1. i know lucas engine oil is some of the best oil on the market but i don't know nothing about the 2 Cycle stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i take that back it mixes 50-1 to a gallon of ethanol free gas. and it is semi synthetic low ash mix

oh ok well my question did it gain any power when using this kind of oil?

I hate anything named Lucas. I did some woodwork for George Lucas once, and he's a turd like you wouldn't believe.

I don't know i just know this will mix one gallon of gas to 50-1

I bought a box of Lucas spark plugs on ebay once, all duds.:(

Nice little boxes, but no made in or anything else on them. Lucas UK is a good brand company.

!BnLtv+g!2k~$(KGrHqUH-DUEttkTQYIbBLiiq8k+v!~~_35.jpg

Really, do tell.

Not so much to tell, Virginia. I made a chair for him, my own design, something I had developed and worked hard upon after learning the skills required in Great Britain, entailing two years of low wage personal struggle for myself and my wife. It was a prelude to making eleven more to go around his dining table if he liked it. He liked it a lot, and purchased it as originally agreed upon, said he would get back to me on ordering the remainder, then had one of his lackeys show me to the door. I had a friend that was doing carpentry on George's house, and later heard from him that Lucas was shopping my design around to see who he could find that would make it cheaper, had some woman in his office making the enquiries with other craftsmen. I tried to call him, but he would never take the call, he knew I was greatly bothered by what he was attempting, I left a number of messages with his secretary informing so. I got a hold of the lady in the office, asked her what George must think of some guy in a basement in China replicating Star Wars videos, to which she had nothing to say. When I also asked her about her willingness to do his dirty work, her reply was rather telling, saying that she gets paid to do what he asks of her, and no thinking beyond that apparently. She quit a few months later, wonder what he asked? Rich dude alright, the money must have been pouring in then, and I gave him a fair price for the eleven chairs. I was still just getting my business going in the states then, hardly wanted to try and take unfair advantage of anyone, besides, I don't think I was smart enough to try. I was very bummed. New money people like that get paranoid and think that everyone is trying to rip them off. I wasn't. He really thought he was some hot shit, being full of himself was apparent in every way. Maybe that was why his wife pulled out, she seemed alright. I can still see it in his photos today, the cute boy wave that he wears in his hair, and in all the crap he still markets based on his much earlier success, box sets from a zillion years ago, along with little plastic things for some kid to hang on his back pack. He got lucky, that's about it. I heard some other things about the fellow, but that is hearsay. No respect for the man. I sometimes wonder if he plunks his fat azz in my chair?

I get back at him in a big way, never pay to watch his movies. :lol:

Lucas also was the name of a British electrical company that made parts for old Triumph motorcycles ,starters for TE 20 Ferguesons and other things .Not really very good stuff even for the time period .

Not so much to tell, Virginia. I made a chair for him, my own design, something I had developed and worked hard upon after learning the skills required in Great Britain, entailing two years of low wage personal struggle for myself and my wife. It was a prelude to making eleven more to go around his dining table if he liked it. He liked it a lot, and purchased it as originally agreed upon, said he would get back to me on ordering the remainder, then had one of his lackeys show me to the door. I had a friend that was doing carpentry on George's house, and later heard from him that Lucas was shopping my design around to see who he could find that would make it cheaper, had some woman in his office making the enquiries with other craftsmen. I tried to call him, but he would never take the call, he knew I was greatly bothered by what he was attempting, I left a number of messages with his secretary informing so. I got a hold of the lady in the office, asked her what George must think of some guy in a basement in China replicating Star Wars videos, to which she had nothing to say. When I also asked her about her willingness to do his dirty work, her reply was rather telling, saying that she gets paid to do what he asks of her, and no thinking beyond that apparently. She quit a few months later, wonder what he asked? Rich dude alright, the money must have been pouring in then, and I gave him a fair price for the eleven chairs. I was still just getting my business going in the states then, hardly wanted to try and take unfair advantage of anyone, besides, I don't think I was smart enough to try. I was very bummed. New money people like that get paranoid and think that everyone is trying to rip them off. I wasn't. He really thought he was some hot shit, being full of himself was apparent in every way. Maybe that was why his wife pulled out, she seemed alright. I can still see it in his photos today, the cute boy wave that he wears in his hair, and in all the crap he still markets based on his much earlier success, box sets from a zillion years ago, along with little plastic things for some kid to hang on his back pack. He got lucky, that's about it. I heard some other things about the fellow, but that is hearsay. No respect for the man. I sometimes wonder if he plunks his fat azz in my chair?

I get back at him in a big way, never pay to watch his movies. :lol:

Jay, I don't think the guy George Lucas that makes the movies is the same Lucas that makes the oil. I could be wrong. The Lucas that makes the oil is big into drag racing.

The movie guy sounds like an arse.

I'm sure you are right about the no relation, Virginia. I am sorry for the derail. Just mention that name and I lose all control!!! I need hypnotism or something, so the name makes me think of soft waves lapping onto a deserted shore. :roll:

So then by the process of mathematics one could assume that if one can of this oil added to a gallon of gasoline makes a mixture with a 50 to 1 ratio then by only using a half a gallon it would be 25 to 1 .

Unless of course one where to get the components mixed up and have it reversed .Then it would just be thinned down oil with gasoline which logic says wouldn't be a very good fuel but it might be a good mosquito fogger although a tad bit costly .

No, oil won't make your saw gain power.

:lol: Reminds me of a guy who once tried to "sell" me a can of oil additive. His story was that he got a case of it from a guy who was wanting him to become a dealer under him. He said the stuff would increase your horsepower AND boost your mileage. Why his Chevy 1500 went from around 12-14 MPG to near 20! I told him no matter what he put in his oil, it would not do that. He explained that it was the increased lubricating qualities. I took the time to explain in return, that a 350 Chevrolet engine has ~350 cubic inches, and that EVERY time that crankshaft rotated, it was going to process ~350 cu.in. of air/fuel mixture, regardless of whether the engine had any oil in it or not. To go one mile, or 1,000 miles, the engine must turn X number of RPMs. He never got it, and gave me a bottle of the stuff saying, "Just try it. If it works you can pay me later. If it doesn't work, don't pay me." I still have not paid him....:/:

I'm no expert, and I'm not trying to start anything, but... using that line of thinking it wouldn't matter if the tires were fully inflated either?? I thought properly inflated tires improved mileage. Maybe there is a slim chance a better lubricated engine would help too?

I don't know. Just thinking outloud.

I'm no expert, and I'm not trying to start anything, but... using that line of thinking it wouldn't matter if the tires were fully inflated either?? I thought properly inflated tires improved mileage. Maybe there is a slim chance a better lubricated engine would help too?

I don't know. Just thinking outloud.

Oh there are a lot of variables when it comes to gas mileage. Going up a tire size will theoretically give you better mileage, but it will decrease your power. Like driving a straight shift and getting it into high gear 10 MPH before the engine's ready for it. It'll put excess load on the engine, negating the gain you're trying to achieve. I believe that improved lubrication could extend engine life, but even if you could eliminate friction altogether, it's still gonna take those RPMs, and their resulting fuel usage to get from point A to point B. If the oil is that important, maybe greasing your U-joints more often would decrease friction/resistance, thereby picking up another 5 MPG or so. And don't forget to lube those wheel bearings weekly! There's another 5 MPG! :D

Or you could simply do what those of us, who live in parts of the world where fuel is expensive, do: get a truck with a smaller engine.

I'd love to have a Toyota 4WD for a work truck for the days when all I need is what's in the truck, but I can't justify another truck just for the fuel savings. My 1995 Chevy 4WD 3/4 ton gets around 12 - 14 MPG so I guess I'll drive it til the wheels fall off.

I ran out of my 35:1 gas mix at a job the other day, so I bummed some. I noticed immediately that the 50:1 oil percentage in my friend's stuff required a change in the carb setting to get back to safe two stroking, I run that modded saw right on the edge, so technically oil can make you lose power, I now believe, at least without regulating the air accordingly.

I worked out the details once on how much an increased tire size would improve mileage, it is very minimal at best, not counting some increased weight factor happening too.

Back