LUCAS OIL 2-CYCLE OIL

They try to sell that "Royal Purple " oil using that PT Barnum bull chit hype .

Hey now! Don't discount something without trying it! I run Royal Purple in my truck, gained 2mpg just by changing to it!
I run Royal Purple in my saws, every time I tear one down they are nice and slimy with oil and the pistons and cylinders still show the hash marks from honing!
I've also used some Lucas products, the Ford Taurus had terrible problems with the steering racks going bad, if you added their additive before 30k they'd replace it if it went bad! I can attest first hand that they stood behind that claim!
Lucas makes some other products that I have used on customers vehicles with great luck! I'm a believer!

I ran out of my 35:1 gas mix at a job the other day, so I bummed some. I noticed immediately that the 50:1 oil percentage in my friend's stuff required a change in the carb setting to get back to safe two stroking, I run that modded saw right on the edge, so technically oil can make you lose power, I now believe, at least without regulating the air accordingly.

I worked out the details once on how much an increased tire size would improve mileage, it is very minimal at best, not counting some increased weight factor happening too.

Increasing tire size would be akin to having a higher gear to shift into. The drawback is that it takes more time to get to that "sweet" spot where it pays off. And you'll spend a lot more time in the lower gears so it practically cancels itself.

Royal purple is fantastic, and proven. I know first hand, from experience, that engines respond favorably to it. I just switched our explorer to synthetic oil and my wife did a highway road trip today. Picked up 2 mpgs.

Well at 9 dollars a quart the stuff should do something other than make your dip stick purple .Hmm ,purple dip stick kinda sounds like some kind of STD .:O

If you take a high performance car or truck engine, royal purple and similar expensive synthetics will let the motor work to its potential. My buddys supercharged lightening runs at its best on royal purple. Use cheaper oil, and go run a 1/4 mile and the numbers don't match.

I'm trying my hand with it in our SUV as we speak. Never run it in my own vehicles. I've seen the results with close friends vehicles.

For increasing the mileage with a good oil, consider it like decreasing the frictions ( at least, part of them). In a given trip, the engine rotates the same way, same rotation's number. But with less friction, there is less wasted energy, so the engine can do it with a less opened throttle : it saves fuel and therefor gives a better mileage.
It acts the same way and for the same reason as good tire's pressure, light load and a well shaped body.

I don't think the viscosity calibration changes, but synthetics perform better, have more stability over a wider heat range.

For increasing the mileage with a good oil, consider it like decreasing the frictions ( at least, part of them). In a given trip, the engine rotates the same way, same rotation's number. But with less friction, there is less wasted energy, so the engine can do it with a less opened throttle : it saves fuel and therefor gives a better mileage.
It acts the same way and for the same reason as good tire's pressure, light load and a well shaped body.

I agree, but there is only so much gain to be expected from reduced friction. The guy I referred to spoke of a near 50% increase. I don't thing you could gain 50% regardless of what you did regarding engine lubricant.

Back