Loopie Slings

jtrouse

Treehouser
Ive been searching the net to try and find some directions on how to make a loopie sling, but nothing has come up. Nick how have you done your ones ive only seen them already made and have a rough idea but am not 100% sure about it.

There are no directions as far as I know. They are simple as it can get. First do a backsplice, then bury the other end into the rope 2 fid lenghts (?), then do another backsplice on the end.

I have no idea how to do a braided line.A wire rope or three strand line is nothing more than a long splice .

There are no directions as far as I know. They are simple as it can get. First do a backsplice, then bury the other end into the rope 2 fid lenghts (?), then do another backsplice on the end.

That's it... dirt simple with Tenex.

Yep, a whoopie is about the easiest splice you can make. Tenex, yalex, and nerex each will take you about 10 minutes to do the whole thing, after you've got the rhythm down.

I've not heard a definitive answer about how much to bury. I've heard everything from 1' to 1 fid all the way up 4 fids each. I typically do 2 fids, like brendon suggested.

love
nick

Back