Ultra Sling Advice

Brock Mayo

TreeHouser
Hey all,
I just started making an ultra sling and I was looking for advice. Any cool tweaks? Also, at the tale end it looks like a bury to a back splice? Any numbers on lengths of those? It seems like there should be nicer finish to the ultra sling, I think I read someone did an end to end splice to finish it with a loop? Thanks

Brock

Hey, Brock.

Funny, I will always associate that product name with the old and now mostly forgotten Blue Water woven daisy chain. That was a great anchor sling, among many other uses. Life support rated. Might have been before your time :). I still use my several with confidence.

I don't know a thing about this newer item :D.

I don't see why an end to end wouldn't work. Not a common splice, but it should work. I'm no splicing expert ..... just my 2cents.

I've seen it done "backwards" if that makes sense. The tail is the bight end and the block or ring side is the two ends mad into a regular eye with a straight bury.
Personally I just do them normally and either back splice a few inches (doesn't really matter, as long as it keeps from coming out) or straight bury and some heatshrink. Don't forget to lockstitch either way you go.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Burnham,

Was the blue water version made out of rope or webbing? Thanks greengreer, that does make sense. Cheers!

Back