looking for a no cook recepe for kids

• Thread starter yooper
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 3K
Y

yooper

I was wondering if someone can help me out here, my 3rd grader need a recipe for school for something that cant be cooked in any way,just some goody that the kids can whip up in 45 minutes the only thin I can think of is the cannibal sandwich and I don't think that will go to well with his teacher....any one have any no bake-cook goodies that Ya can just throw together and eat? A recepe would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I'm thinking a fruit salad would be good, and healthy too. I'll see if I can dig up a recipe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now there's a good idea thanks keep um comming, sure beats my cannibal sanny!

Alll of my recipes for kids involve broiling or boiling-never thought of baking them...

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
Add onion and sardines to gross everyone out. (DO put miracle whip or mayo on it(on PB and banana-the sardines and onions grosses me out too)-it sounds horrid but actually enhances the sam'ich.)

Chex mix or trail mix ?
Each kid gets their own sammich baggie & fills it with assorted healthy-ish stuff.
Just an idea.

Trail mix sounds like a good idea.

Chex mix actually gets baked in the oven to cook in the tasty sauce. At least the original recipe that Grandma made works that way.

Anything should avoid the use of knives at that age group.:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alll of my recipes for kids involve broiling or boiling-never thought of baking them...

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
Add onion and sardines to gross everyone out. (DO put miracle whip or mayo on it(on PB and banana-the sardines and onions grosses me out too)-it sounds horrid but actually enhances the sam'ich.)

I have found out if ya bake them long enough at a low temp they dont come out chewey, a good wine helps also, passes the time while waiting

Good luck taking anything with peanuts to school.

Someone might have an allergy!!!!:what:

Sorry did not think of that.. Katy is trying to think of something that becomes less of a liability... hmmmmm

I just think that any school system with a "no peanut" policy hasn't thought the issue through.

Do we stop letting the kids go outside for recess because little Johnny is allergic to bees?

Lets take away books in school so the stupid kids won't feel bad about themselves.

Back