logging pics

We had a mackI and a eaglet guess which one I preferred :|: .

The joke behind that is that the mackI isn't a slack pulling carriage it's all by hand, and the eaglet is a slack puller, much mo nice!

Awesome pics Willie some nice big sticks there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
those are slack kicking mackys! 1 cylinder deutz diesel in them. we had a christy carriage as back up. you been around those? ugggh!

No never been around a christy. Before we got the eaglet all we had was the mack1 and this local built flimsy little pos that was mechanically controlled not radio controlled what a pos. Took a real light touch on the mainline to engage and disengage the skyline brakes and many, many times it got jammed up. Lower the sky get the sledge and manually hammer off the brakes, god I was happy when that eaglet arrived.:)

sounds like a pain. the christi has a deal (wont mention the name!) that the carriage slammed into to lock it on the skyline. it was manually moved up and down the line as you worked down the hill

dozing in my cell while the carriage was broke down in the brush
some big "blue" pine
plugged chute again!

"2 moonlight rides and a picnic in the forest every day"
the new 35k macky and its first day of work

used to have, been outa the woods since 2000

talkie tooter for blowing whistles
daryl fooling around
icecream boy rigging a lift tree

long splice in the skidding main
big piss fir
2 loaders to keep up

Awesome man, simply awesome. Loving these pics!8) Logging is good times for sure, life sure seemed simple compared to now when I was yarding.

And frig you guys got some nice looking wood there.

hard to beleive but most of that big wood is forest service! recognize the yellow paint burnham?

I thought it looked a little on the thick side, I feel sorry for ya we ran 1/2 and 3/4 swedge and that was heavy enough.:|:

A skylead c-40. They are mounted on a skidder chassis that's stretched for the yarder part. Little yarder that can access some pretty rough terrain. Set-up for uphill or downhill(haulback). We used a line skidder or two depending on the setting to forward wood to the landing and then handbucked and wheel loader. 95% of what we did was handfalling only to gnarly for a feller/buncher to be practical. In five years I think two blocks were done with a buncher all the rest was handfalling. I was in line for that falling contract and was passed over as it was easier to find a good experienced faller than it was someone else who could climb/hook/pull cable all day. That's when I left. I worked the hillside atleast 9 days out of 10. Before that I had a bit of experience on the coast around big old madills(sp) did a bit of falling but couldn't get anything steady. I started on the coast spacing and got picked up by the odd logger here and there from Tofino(Vancouver Island) to Sandspit(Queen Charlottes) and most stops in between. Seven years I wandered around the coast before coming back to the interior and getting the steady gig with the little yarder, here's the only pic I could steal off the internet of a c-40(40'tower)

Last edited:
love the pictures .

can you say how long ago they where taken please.

Back