loblolly pine fat wood

Those stave churches are, to me, some of the most impressive examples of architecture I have ever seen.

Amazing.
A full scale model of the Gol church.

That is really neat, Bob.

there are a lot of Swedes, Norwegians, Icelanders, and Finns up here. They hold a big 4 or 5 day celebration every fall that attracts a lot of people, probably 20 - 30 hectares of motor homes and campers, as well as filling every motel in 100 miles that the oil workers don't have booked up solid. All sorts of displays, sales booths and entertainment. I never have gone yet, but want to some day.

Little bump. I have been looking around and this stuff isnt for sale locally that I can find, anyone in the US of A willing to buy and send me a box? I figure a 1.5 or 2 lb one should last me a fair while. costs and shipping paid via paypal of course.

Fatwood_10lb_09910.jpg

http://www.fatwood.com/what-is-fatwood/product-and-packaging/339-2/

Nice, I searched it and the archive of this thread came up in the 4th spot on Google results, thats cool in itself. I have used the stuff before just havent been able to find it for sale anywhere in many years, would like to have some in the camper for when the season gets rolling, it worked real well. There are a few Ebayers that list it but I am not sure if their pricing is fair or not.

I have some professionally made studio pictures, but they are from before the digital age, alas.
I'll see if I can figure out how to use my new ( bought last week) scanner/printer!

Paul, just take your saw and go up in the hills on an old pine logging site and cut an old stump that still is hard

the pine I find here arent anything like the fatwood I bought years ago. Looks like I might have to hit up one of the Ebayers, a few reasonable prices are available. :)

thanks Bren, I will checkl the Ebayers and see if its workable, if not, I will call ya for the help. :)

I can supply all anyone can use to tree housers for the cost of postage. You get the fun of splitting as that takes some time. Merry Christmas.
Send me a pm :beer:

I was in the woods Thursday, sitting on a long dead fallen pine, and idly knocking branches off with the butt of my hatchet. The knots in the log smelled very rich. If it were my property, I might take the time to extract a bunch of them for... Really just the hell of it. They smell nice. My method for starting fires doesn't really require special accelerants or anything.

My brother-in-law used to run a crew for Aslundh. They took down a dead pine once that was almost entirely “rich-lighter” (what we call it). I didn’t believe him until I saw the pile he’d brought home. He gave me three ~12” diameter sticks of “firewood” that was fatwood, bark to bark. Never seen a tree like it.

Back