Lil' helper cart

I sold that unit to Peter. At the time I ran it alongside a Ramrod tracked diesel miniskid. The miniskid was nearly 300kgs heavier, but lifting power was about the same.

200_s.gif

Up and down is fine, traversing is off the cards for the most part.

I've never tipped it over, one of my lads has, on flat level ground, attempting something foolish and ill advised.

Wow, how many people do you have working with you on the ground? It sounds like you've assembled a really good crew of people. I always wonder how tough it is to keep finding new work for a team like that. Hopefully all of your customers are beating a path to your door through word of mouth, and then waiting in line for their turn.

Good fortune, CurSedVoyce.

Tim

Today was just 2 climbers and 2 ground men. The small chipper. Pruned two decent size mulberrys and headed out by just after lunch. Went down the road and took down probably 8 more smallish blue oaks while I climbed and pieced one decent sized one from over a barn. Done by 4:40

Maybe Mariposa's almost most wanted. Those that have used us in the past will wait.
They also wait for their other favourite tree out fits as well. The 3-4 head guys up here are always busy. We be in there somewhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey squish, do you prefer the tracks on your mini or the wheels?

I think this is the one Carl was talking about and I am VERY interested in.
Paying down my credit now so I can run some numbers soon.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NM-E_aS3lvU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Had a good look at one of those Giants the other day. They look really good, sturdy and well engineered.

It seems it would fit proper into my compact set up. I need to up my forwarding speed and load height past the dingo's capacity. Yet stay portable.

I only had the one mini skid with tires. It worked fine for me and went up and down some pretty crazy steep slopes with the grapple on.

Page, I know you had a thread recently about stump grinding too. I also had and ran the '38 special' grinder attachment on mine. 38hp direct belt driven to the cutting wheel. On and off a mini in minutes. Grind the stump, switch to the bucket, scoop grindings and level hole. Done, nearly labor free.

Grapple, grinder, bucket, forks, splitter. Lots of versatility with a mini.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's sweet. Your the first one to have somthing good to say about the attachment grinders. I always wondered how well they did. How far does the head swing in thoes?

The 38 special has its own engine. Its not run of the mini hydraulics. Way more power. Way more money. Way faster cutting.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZGrZ61S-ZRA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Funny how it sounds like Jerry's voice ;)

Back