log arch/ trolley cart

surveyor

TreeHouser
I have been following the Stein thread with interest. Thanks for all the great vids! I thought it would be neat to have a trolley cart that would convert easily to a log arch, and since I had 2 14" inch wheels and a small arc welder I thought I would make one. Here it is in the log arch mode with 12" log suspended. The wheel base is 24" and the arch will fit up to 16" dia. logs. The overall length is 5' but the handle (which telescopes into the trolley frame) can be extended another 8 inches if so desired.

If you removed the pins and slide the handle off the trolley, then tip the arch horizontal, you can then reinsert the handle into the tubular frame of the arch, which leaves you with a 40" x 20" trolley cart with two upright frames to insert staves into if desired.

Also the wheels and axles can be removed and lowered in order to convert it into a hand truck ( the wheels then are flush with the bottom of the hand cart).

Good work Surveyor.
I'll be sticking with my Stein trolley though. It's way more versatile because it carries 5x the amount of brush that I can drag.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Old Mill, and MB
I will have to make another picture with it loaded with brush, as I can see that that is an important use for the trolley.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks redneck. you have 1 million + posts?!!

here is a picture of the LAT cart in trolley mode.
IMG_0073_zps7b7dc399.jpg
[/URL]

Yeah, I'm a real post whore don't you know?
I really like the versatility of that thing! If I wasn't all busted up I could see the usefulness of it!

I know this is a prototype with things you already had however IMO you need some high floatation tires or you will sink like a lead balloon in a wet yard. I really like the concept.

Back