Lil' helper cart

Ahhhhhh go get your head checked , you're the one who can't engage in a rational conversation and twist things around.
This thread if you haven't noticed is based on a lil'l helper cart or similar machine, then we get you guys coming in preaching your mini skids.
Ok so I'll preach about a better tree machine if I had a choice.......

We moved my mini with chipper to chip all the brush from a 5' dbh cottonwood across plywood. We would have had to move thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of pounds of brush to the chipper, then needed to haul the chips, rather than broadcast into the woods.

I have moved my chipper to the brush lots of times. I hardly haul chips any more.

How many pounds of brush can you fit per load in a power-barrow, high enough off the ground to not smash shrubs along the way?

Your power-barrow seemed to be the niche tool for your old, soggy location, maybe.

Hydraulics are for lifting.

i reckon that power barrow could haul a smaller 8" chipper. I don't know but it seems to me like it might be a great tool for pulling around a chipper. I don't have one but it seems like it might. It could also pull a log arch maybe. and an arbor trolley. I have a little ramrod mini and I find it kind of a pain in the ass to haul around and worry about. I probably need bigger to really like it. but it is overkill for most of my work.. I love leaving chips on sight. Not because it is easier but it just seems like it is the right thing to do. We waste so much hauling it off sight just to get ground up and paint added to it to get hauled back and spread. But really that power dolly looks similar to the little rig the guy at the rental shop has to move around trailers. It just needs a trailer adapter some how.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eJVO8I5jOQA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xRfoa9eASl8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey assholes:D:D I'm just trying to talk about ideas and see what other people like and why. I've used a lot of equipment over the years so I know a little bit. But I need what's gonna work for my business at its current stage. I bet most of you have never used the cart I'm talking about. It's awsome. As good as a mini? No. But it has it's perks. It may be the stepping stone I need at this time. Thanks for your opinions. Keep them comming. Anybody rocking a wheel loader? I haven't heard good things. Did I put enough smiley faces next to the asshole comment?

Been real happy with my little dingo. I will be buying a mini articulated loader next. Better load height and perfect for my better terrain jobs. Better lifting capacity and faster travel for forwarding. Dingo is very portable and does a lot of work. Pays for itself over and over again. Doubt I would ever sell it.

I just talked to a guy that got a new wheel loader. He said it seemed really tipsy.

I like my mini and as said it has made me a lot of money. It moves some serous wood it has loaded some serious wood and required no touching of the wood by my gloved hand or any hand for that matter.

PCTree has a wheel loader.

The telescoping boom on the narrow articulated loader Carl video'd might do the job that you're thinking of with the full sized skid steer, and the smaller cart.

If you have the work lined up, the machine will make the payments.

Everyone should just buy a dangle head processor and be done with it!
I like my wheel loader

Lmao. Heh I went asshole but Willard and Ed were just over the top. Couple a maniacs.

You know what whether it's a cart, or a fricking crane I'm all for equipment that moves things easier than by hand no matter what in the hell it is.

44335463.jpg

I practice hard at being this much of an asshole. It doesn't come naturally, it takes hard work.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I did some work with Beyond The Leaf Tree service the other day. He had a compact skiddy with a grapple and a tandem axle bandit 1890. I didn't have to do shit except rake up at the end. And he did most of the raking with the grapple. He also had green tracks on it which I have not used before. They did no damage to the grass at all. I wonder how they do in the mud?

The way a mini makes clean up go faster is quite amazing. Used to be I would often come down to help catch up the clean up and often go back up to chunk her down or drop the stem and them help clean up some more.
Now days, come out of the tree, take off the climb gear, drop the spar onto clean ground and by the time I have my gear stowed, rakings are gone.
On a prune, I come down, stow my gear and might get to help load some other gear.... :lol:

Wow, how many people do you have working with you on the ground? It sounds like you've assembled a really good crew of people. I always wonder how tough it is to keep finding new work for a team like that. Hopefully all of your customers are beating a path to your door through word of mouth, and then waiting in line for their turn.

Good fortune, CurSedVoyce.

Tim

Hey assholes:D:D I'm just trying to talk about ideas and see what other people like and why. I've used a lot of equipment over the years so I know a little bit. But I need what's gonna work for my business at its current stage. I bet most of you have never used the cart I'm talking about. It's awsome. As good as a mini? No. But it has it's perks. It may be the stepping stone I need at this time. Thanks for your opinions. Keep them comming. Anybody rocking a wheel loader? I haven't heard good things. Did I put enough smiley faces next to the asshole comment?

Hey, Page! That post was an example of perfect comic timing. Too funny. Nicely done.

Tim

I've got a mini wheel loader. Great bit of kit, wouldn't be without her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 48
That's what I'm talking about, small articulated machine with greater lifting power and height than a mini, while still at a smaller weight.

What's the operating weight on that, Peter? Power rotate?

Back