My Lil shot

• Thread starter The Branch Doctor
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 3K
T

The Branch Doctor

Here's a gadget I made that works great for when I need to use a throwbag while I'm in a tree. It's pretty simple and detachable so it can be used with any throwline. I used about 12" of rubber tubing from a broken Big Shot, 4" wooden dowel, very small "D" shaped ring, and a 1/4" screw link.

Anyway, the video isn't great but it gives you an idea of how it works. The crotch I shot it into was about 35' up but it'll go 45'-50' vertical.;)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/egcHHL88hB4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/egcHHL88hB4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Attachments

• lil shot 002.jpg
    lil shot 002.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 19
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn, whutta great idea!

Thanks Butch!:D I've been toying with the idea for a while but finally figured it out about a week ago. The dowel was the missing piece that made it come together as a usable device (the dowel is the handle).

could you use a small rubber bungy cord. I like the idea but I do not have any parts fron a big shot

I like it! However, what if someone isn't as good as you are with the timing of the release? Would there be a risk of getting hit in the face?

The camera man didn't get the release in the video. But, if I were to guess right, you must release the weight first and then (a fraction of a second later) you release the end of the rubber to get it to go where you need to.

You brace the dowel in your hand with an open grip so that when you release the throwball it gets flung out of your hand.

When I replaced the sling on the Big Shot this summer I didn't throw out the old one .... I figured there ought to be something to do with it

What a sharp, simple idea, thanx!

What he said, Brilliant idea!

I have a version of that I got off the buzz. I used smaller diameter surgical tubing... a lttle easier to pull. Works good for shooting a line into an adjacent tree.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
lets see it Biv

Biv?

Thanks guys! It's kinda cool when I'm not the only one that likes my idea.... the first couple prototypes sucked so the guys at work were razzing the hell outta me.

I'll try to make another video tomorrow that shows the "how to" part a little more clearly.

Back