LA trees fall for the space shuttle...

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
Cutting down 400 (perfectly good trees to allow) the space shuttle to get to its museum:O

EDITCheck Nick's post below, NBC left out some relevant information!

What's the chat on this then boys!?

Your opening statement is false. They aren't cutting down 400 perfectly good trees. Most of the street trees in LA are crap!

I consulted for the city of Inglewood (half of the route the shuttle takes is going through my fair city) and they gave me the expected route. The museum is paying for removal of all trees, stump grinding, replacement with 36" box trees (species selected by me). I drove the route and saw that most of the existing trees are really sad excuses for trees. In my official report I stated that I predict that in 5 years, the selected roads will have a better canopy that they would if the shuttle did NOT go through Inglewood.

I welcome the shuttle because we're getting better trees. I don't get what the big deal is about the shuttle, but I'm glad it's making Inglewood look greener!

love
nick

Isn't it typical that the news missed that little important detail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Whew.
That's what I thought...there had to be another side to the story.
I knew the House would have the best information, thanks Nick!

Agree. But on a side note, could a heavy lift copter hold enough weight to sling the shuttle a couple of miles? How much does the shuttle weigh?

... small world though, heard about the tree cutting / space shuttle project on NPR. ... who'd of thought Nick TreeHouser made the call on fell and replacement... while Bermy inquires from some crazy island elsewhere... WOW

It's a small world alright and a crazy one. I know all about the space shuttle, what some of you did while I was asleep last night and I'm sitting here watching Pakistan go crazy over a stupid youtube video.

But I'll never know why my internet connection just dropped out for about fifteen minutes or where most of those sirens go every night.:scratch:

It's a small world alright and a crazy one. I know all about the space shuttle, what some of you did while I was asleep last night and I'm sitting here watching Pakistan go crazy over a stupid youtube video.

But I'll never know why my internet connection just dropped out for about fifteen minutes or where most of those sirens go every night.:scratch:

That's well put, Reb...especially that last line. :lol:

by total happenstance i saw the shuttle on its flight down the coast on fri. looked up while talking to the client and there it was. pretty cool.

Nick, seems like I read that a nice avenue of mature magnolias had to go...pretty large trees. Any details on that part of the deal?

Back