knot

Aka monkey paw. Very cool knot. You can fill the inside with a rock, golfball, marble...

love
nick
In my sea going days we put a 4 oz chunk of lead in them on the end of a 50 foot "heaving line" .This was length of "white line" commonly called cotton braided clothes line in the real world .We tied this to the end of our 2" nylon mooring lines to use to place them dock side when tying up.I could hit a bucket at 50 feet 9 out of ten throws once I got good at it.Oh,I could knock the feathers off a sea gull too,a dumb slow one.:lol:

tricky knot to tie but fun. Once you get the basic shape tied, the rest goes smoothly.
I have tied a few small ones just for fun. Used a marble in the middle on one and a pool ball on another

In my sea going days we put a 4 oz chunk of lead in them on the end of a 50 foot "heaving line" .This was length of "white line" commonly called cotton braided clothes line in the real world .We tied this to the end of our 2" nylon mooring lines to use to place them dock side when tying up.I could hit a bucket at 50 feet 9 out of ten throws once I got good at it.Oh,I could knock the feathers off a sea gull too,a dumb slow one.:lol:

Cool post, Al. I was curious if this knot is ever used as a cam ?

Back