Cable core lanyard stopper knot?

Yeah. The failures in the past on the Yale products present some concerns. I have Always used both ends with cable core on the ones i purchase by switching the clip. Use a pear shaped link through the eye to link the clip. Cut eyes when retired. Never had any issues. Inspection is key. If you see some corrosion, rust or fraying strands of cable at the eye, retire it. Always inspect your kit. Most failures can be avoided by doing so.

I have never been afraid to use either eye on a cable core lanyard. It would make no sense to only make one side rated and not the other, same damn process. And no reason to put two rating labels on it.
You as the consumer are just choosing your configuration of the flip line. Two eyes only, one eye with a clip or two eyes with clips.
Just my 2c

Stephen have you specifically heard of Yale wire core failures? I am aware of failures from the company using all orange rope as covering, especially their earlier units that had copper swages which set up some kind of electrolysis as I understand it.

All I have to go on is what Gypo said in that earlier post. Maybe he can give us further information about exactly what those wire core lanyards are and show us a picture of what to be aware of.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I remember hearing about a cable core failure up in Canada, but I thought it was just the swaged type of cheaper orange lanyard. I've been buying yale because they actually splice the cable. I think I heard that canada osha requires a splice now in cable-core lanyards???

Back